1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

True love doesn't really exist

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Hi honey. Dinner’s on the stove.

Deleted Account, Kenzi and tweeby like this.
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Thanks pumpkin, I'll make dessert.

For drinks do you fancy something fruity (I was thinking cocktails) or maybe LGB Tea?

3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

To paraphrase Dosteovsky, if there were no God, there would be no love.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. I would say true love doesn't exist between humans because humans are imperfect beings.

5. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

LOL, I can see you have not fallen in love. Love is this weird thing which messes up your mind, life and heart. Bro, when I was in love with this girl, I would call my female friends by her name to the point where I couldn't control it. They would laugh at me lol. Suddenly all the girls looked like her. I saw her all the time. It was like there were two kind of people on earth; she and the others. Everyone and everything else became insignificant, no matter how hot the other girls were they became nobody.
    This was the first time I ever felt like this. I just wanted to be with her so I could see her and talk to her. That would be enough for me. I had null sexual thoughts. I couldn't study, I couldn't think about something but she would pop up in my head smiling. It would drive me crazy. And no I have never ever felt like this after it with anyone. physically, I felt sick, no energy, sleepless nights. Nofappers complains sometimes about sleepless nights, wait till you get in love... Seeing her, meeting her or talking to her felt like eternal bliss.

You are confusing liking, lust and love. Lust is easy to know. Liking is for (female)friends. Loving is when she becomes more important for you then even your own self.

6. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

The fact that your mother carried you 9 months in her womb, cared for you, clothed you, fed you and cleaned you when you were a baby until you were grown up, is a proof for true love. You gave her nothing, she gave you everything. You mother is human being I assume you are also one.

7. Of course true love exist, I see it every day. People who say that it doesn't exist have never experienced it.

8. Great post and all but I was talking more about romantic love.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
    truthseeker17 likes this.
  9. If we're going by the popular belief of that which is measurable is real then , yes, love does not exist. ;)

*opens can of worms*

10. I'm not talking about love, I'm talking about true love. For example when you "loved" that girl, it's over now. Not true love.

I put quotations around "loved" bc 90% of people don't know what love is. Not saying this is you, but I can't conclude that you were in love bc I don't know you. I was in " love" w a chick too at the time (not really, but felt like it). It's over, i've meet other chicks since then. TRUE love doesn't exist, just in movies.

I'm really not trying to be a dick but try reading my post instead of the title and then respond. Literally in the first paragraph of my original post smh..

11. I think people might be confused about your phrasing and choice of words. I don't know if I can agree that "true love" doesn't exist, but I definitely agree that soul mates don't exist, which sounds to me like what you're talking about. But to me, soul mates and true love are not the same thing. So maybe that's why you're not getting the responses you're looking for. You need to provide a solid definition of what the words "true love" mean to you in this context, because it seems like they don't mean the same thing to you as they do to others.

12. I think people are trying to read your posts but you're confusing everyone with your choice of words. You seem to be stuck on calling "romantic love" true love. You also havent defined what constitutes true love. What you have demonstrated to everyone is that you're very confused as well, so we're all in good company.

13. Yeah. I stated it in the original post

14. What's ur definition of true love then

15. Love in a relationship is actually chemicals and not just emotions. If my fiancé died I would certainly miss our routine we built up together throughout the years, but it would be him that I truly missed.

I don't know if there's "love at first sight" but I've never been interested in anybody growing up but one guy. And I could never comprehend cheating or loving another person in that way, maybe if you were polygamous or something.

If he were to pass away I would not find somebody else as I wouldn't want to, I'd rather live with the sweet memories we had than start a new life with somebody else. That's me personally and I feel that's true love for me.

16. Okay, I see that now. But your definition of true love is not at all what most people would define it as, so that's why everyone is confused and you're not getting the answers you're looking for. What you're describing, "where there is one single right guy or girl for you," is the concept of "soul mates." You would have much more accurate responses here if you said "soul mates don't exist."

I don't really know what my definition of "true love" is, but it's definitely not synonymous with soul mates. The phrase "true love" isn't something that has an objective definition, so we all have different opinions. I'm not saying your definition of it is wrong, I'm just saying that I've never heard anyone use that definition of the phrase, and there is another phrase, soul mates, that has that same definition. So people are clearly confused about what you're trying to ask.

17. You can have "true love" with a person and still not believe they are the one and only person you could have possibly fallen in love with in the world.

So, saying this:

... is confusing, because those things are not mutually exclusive OR mutually inclusive. They're completely separate ideas. At least in my opinion.

18. If I were to take this quote and phrase it as a question... something like "Do you believe that true love, where there's a single right guy or girl out there for you, exists?" I would say no. But I wouldnt say that true love, itself, doesn't exist, which I think is what many people are thinking you're trying to say, and perhaps that isn't what you're trying to say.

19. Well it's subjective, so I'm seperating "love" from "true love". People are saying love exists, which I agree.

Not to be creepy but ive seen you post things and you talk about your husband frequently. IDK, but I'm gonna make a wild assumption and say that you "love" this man.

Does that mean that you can't be married/ "love" anybody else if he didn't exist or dies or dumps you? For a single person to not exist or be born is so unarguably easy. I'm not trying to use your life as an example bc I don't know you.

So yeah, sure soulmates. It doesn't matter. I can go to the gym right now and meet my soulmate. Or I can grab and coffee rn and meet a different person at Starbucks that becomes my soulmate.

Forget about the terminology for a min. People get married in "love" and frequently get divorced. Love is an emotion, it's something that you feel. People, along w their emotions, change. Literally all of the time, on a regular basis.

In my experience (of living a life) it's best to be skeptical about everything, including myself. I have emotions, as does every human being ever, and they've fucked me over. Time and time again. 2 things in life that make me uncomfortable, when somebody to close and they think they untouchable.

You have to grow to "love" people. You start dating them bc you have affection for them and then you experience alleged "love".

I "love" certain things, not just people alone. That's another reason of how it's just an emotion. Fuck it to be honest, if "love" comes it comes. I'm not searching for it.

20. I agree with all of this, a dive stated that previously already. I was using your terminology because a lot of people here seem to be confused, and it seemed like you were frustrated to not be getting the answers you wanted. I was simply explaining the miscommunication, as an outside party.

I vehemently disagree with love being merely an emotion, but I've already addressed that previously as well.

Well the issue here is that we use the single word "love" for everything, rather than recognizing the different types of love. @Surfing Poet mentioned this earlier.