Trump 2020!

For discussion about modern politics, politicians, and political and social trends and policies

What do you think?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2020.
  1. Agree

61.5%
  2. Disagree

36.5%
  3. Left's Trump derangement syndrome

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LaFlame92100

LaFlame92100 Fapstronaut

Wew, im not american, but its crazy how little trump did, and how much he fucked up in every aspect, and you all still want him back???

2. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Yes, but what really matters is who is nominated for the courts, and trump will nominate pro-life judges, but the dems will nominate pro-choice. Trump may have some personal issues, but look at what he stands for, thats more important.

3. He spent most of his life as a pro-choice New Yorker. He couldn't even stand by his first marriage...or his second. If the supreme court overturns Roe V Wade that hardly gets rid of abortion (which I'd support btw) but when has the Federal government in recent history taken any step towards increasing states rights or control, from either party? Conservative judge or not I'm skeptical they vote to hand power back to the states, it's just usually doesnt happen once they get it.

need4realchg likes this.
  4. I disagree, but to each his own.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand the question, and I don't have an answer.

MLMVSS likes this.
  5. See, I don't think he's doing that because he "stands for" abolishing abortion, though. He's doing it because they are Republicans, and they will support him and do whatever he wants.

I agree that it happens to work in my favor if he appoints people who are pro-life, but that's just a happy accident. That's not why he's doing it. I don't think Trump "stands for" the pro-life movement. He stands for himself, and that's about it. If I vote for him, it would only be because he happens to be Republican, and I don't want a Democratic candidate who DOES strongly stand for abortion -- but on the opposite side of the coin -- to be in charge. But if there were a Republican candidate who actually cared about stuff other than themselves, then I would much rather they be elected. But I doubt that's going to happen this time around, so I will settle for Trump I guess.

Overturning Roe v Wade is extremely important. Many states are already outlawing abortion on a state level, but as long as Roe v Wade is in place, those state laws that prohibit abortion are meaningless. Federal law trumps state law. Roe v Wade HAS to be overturned for anything else to be done on this front. So no, it won't magically get rid of all abortion, but it's an absolutely vital first step that needs to happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2019
  6. I agree with you, but for me, the problem is my moral values clashing so damn hard with the left. I do agree with a lot of liberal policies, but the ones I disagree with are all the ones that are most important to me and come down to moral values, not just an opinion of how I want to handle the economy or something. So as much as I can't stand Trump, I can't stand what the Democratic party stands for even more. I would rather have Trumo continue to screw up everything he touches, as long as he isn't fighting to abolish freedom of speech and killing babies. If I have no other options, I can live with that trade.

need4realchg likes this.
  7. True, and I hope it does but when has the Fedral government ever reduced its grip of authority on the states? The trend under every president Republican or Democrat has been to increase it unfortunately. The only question is how fast is the rate going to be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2019
    need4realchg likes this.
  8. Yeah, I don't know. To be honest, I know very little about American History, because I hated learning about it in school, so everything went in one ear and out the other. I have no idea if Roe V Wade will ever be overturned, but all I can do is hope and pray.

I'm also pretty Libertarian in a lot of my views, so I definitely don't like the government having so much control and authority. I think more should be given back to the states, or just left alone altogether.

need4realchg and Deleted Account like this.
  9. I gotta say, this thread has been refreshing. I've said a lot of negative stuff about Trump, and still haven't been attacked. That has yet to ever happen on this forum before, so thanks to everyone for being chill and not attacking people with different views. These productive conversations can only stay productive if we stop taking everybody's political opinions so personally.

10. OK understood.

11. LaFlame92100

LaFlame92100 Fapstronaut

Hm, you think not being able to use „hate speech“ and therefore changing free speech a lilltle is bad? Over here in germany we cant deny the holocaust, therefore we dont have total free speech, is that a bad thing? In my opinion absolutly not... and with abortion, which is legal in every other first world country, why dont u want that? If a 14 year old gets raped and gets pregneant , she now cant abort?

I think healthcare for everyone is waaay more important than these issues..

It absolutly stunnes me how the usa is so progressive in some ways (legalizing weed) and in others (abortions) taking steps back

But overral i think the whole US system is deeply corrupt and no matter who is in charge nothing will really change, everyone will keep on getting pimped out by rich ppl/ companys , but thats the way everywhere

12. Yes, I do. It's an incredibly slippery slope, and that has been proven time and time again. I may not know much about history, but I know that much.

Yes, it is a bad thing. Because who is the one who gets to decide what constitutes "hate speech"? People in Canada have literally been put in jail for refusing to call someone by their preferred pronouns. That's absurd. Someone could call me every bad word in the book, tell me I am the scum of the earth and that they think blonde haired, blue eyed white women are subhuman garbage, and I still wouldn't think it right for that person to be put in jail. They're assholes, sure, but I will protect their right to hate me and speak that hatred if they choose.

Once you decide one element of speech is too hateful and shouldn't be legal, how do you then stop someone else form declaring that their version of "hateful speech" should also be illegal? There is no way to draw a clear line between what is "hate speech" and what isn't, because it's entirely subjective depending on the opinion of who you're talking to.

I'm not going to argue with you about abortion. It is murder. I don't want people murdering babies. I don't need to explain why I don't want that. It should be obvious.

No, because you can't combat one person's rights being violated by taking away the rights of another, completely innocent person. Put the rapist in prison. Don't kill innocent children. Period. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Okay, that's your opinion. I disagree. I think giving human babies the right to life, since they can't speak up for themsleves, is far more important. Especially when they are being killed by the tens of thousands every year.

If you honestly can't see the difference between smoking weed and killing a human being, then I don't know what to say to you. You are blind.

13. Low quality. He used scare tactics to win. Xenophobic, unpredictable and most importantly, no gentlemen. No offense.

14. jarvyjarvison

jarvyjarvison Fapstronaut

TRUMP TWENTAY TWENTAY W00T W00T!

15. brilliantidiot

That's what I mean, and I 100% get that. Have a nice day :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Thanks, you too :)

brilliantidiot likes this.
  17. One thing I don't understand about American politics though is why people put so much focus on the presidency when it seems like the Supreme Court or the guys in Congress make all the decisions or even the states are the ones that determine their own laws? I just don't understand why people focus so much on the presidency when the majority of the power seems to reside elsewhere, outside of the President's control? The President doesn't really seem to be able to do much so why not invest more in politics at the state and local levels? Or maybe I'm underestimating how much power the President has?

18. Absolutely! People should. I agree and wish states had even more power then they do.

19. brilliantidiot

The president can elect judges to the courts

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. LaFlame92100

LaFlame92100 Fapstronaut

I strongly urge u to look up what abortion actually means, there are no living kids being killed! ,you think we kill kids too when we jizz in a napkin or something?? We you think abortion is in every first world country legal? Woman can choose what they want with their body

On free speech, i agree that canada is doing waaaaaaaaay too much putting ppl in jail, yes. And i wouldnt want that too happen anywhere.

But overrall dont you think college debt and healthcare are waaaay more important? I guess not