1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trust Issues

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by BigCatTunski, Apr 26, 2020.

1. BigCatTunski

BigCatTunski Fapstronaut

I’m not sure I’m posting this to the right thread, but here goes.

I think about my ex girlfriend a lot. She’s probably the only person that I’ve truly opened up to about everything. And now that we’re not together, I can’t shake the idea that she’s spilling all my secrets to other people.

I’ve always had this issue, but it feels like it’s in full throttle now that I’m single. I honestly don’t think I could trust anyone around me. Not even my own family. I don’t like this feeling, and it’s made me more or less cold to a lot of things.

I don’t think I could ever open up to someone fully about why I am the way I am, because I feel as if everyone has an angle. My brother once told me, “nobody is out to get you.” And the only thing that came to mind is “hoe do you know?”

I’m definitely introverted, and I have issues with meeting new people. I sit and think a lot about how I’ve spilled my guts to people about things that are bothering me, and there’s this bashing suspicion that they’re going behind my back and telling other people about me. It makes me more and more reclusive.

Does anyone else feel the same?

MNViking likes this.
  2. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Maybe you feel that way because you put a lot of weight in what people think about you. Probably your self esteem is low and you looks for people approval all the time.
    if you are proud of yourself you don´t give a f*ck of what people think or talk about you.
    Work on yourself, love yourself, be proud of yourself and your fears will fade away.

3. Lau

Lau Fapstronaut

I sometimes have this feeling as well.
    The way that I think is that nobody cares about me because they are too busy with their own problems. Sure they might talk behind back but they is nothing I can do about it and I don't care and I don't want to know.
    Just try to forget about it.

BigCatTunski likes this.
  4. PopularLoner

PopularLoner Fapstronaut

Don't take yourself too seriously man just live your life.. It just seems you haven't let go of your ex yet that's why your brain is doing this to you a way for you to still hand on to her... Let go man it's not worth it trust me, she's having sex with some other dude feeling happy and not thinking about you at all or your secrets. Just seems you give too many fucks about the wrong things

BigCatTunski likes this.
  5. You're very brave to open up up like this.

The first thing you need to understand is that it's your responsibility. You can't blame that girl. You create your own pain. You're the one who decided to react this way.

The second thing to understand is that the past is gone. There's nothing you can do about it. What hurts you is not what happened, it's your mind always going back to the past. You forget the beauty of life. You exaggerate everything that's happened to you. By identifying with all of it. Telling yourself you're not worth it. You've never lived a moment in the past or the future, have you? Believe me, what's happening now, in the present, is much more beautiful than all those images you keep projecting in your head. There is no pain in the present. Suffering is a choice.

You are not what you think you are. You're much more than that. You've already had moments where you weren't thinking or you were totally present or you were enjoying the moment. Whatever the nature of that moment and its simplicity. You just can't see clearly because your thoughts take you back in time.

The last thing I want to say to you. And it's probably the most important. Working on yourself, making efforts, learning, failing is useless if you don't realize that you have already crossed the finish line before you even started. Many people believe that personal development is a struggle. That they have to suffer in order to move forward and finally become the person they want to become and be happy. it doesn't work like that. until you realize that you are already the love you are chasing, you will continue to plant black seeds every day. Instead of planting green seeds.

You might think it has nothing to do with your story, but it's quite the opposite. I just wanted to give you an answer that goes way beyond superficial advice.

You can read my signature and I wish you the best my man

Take care of yourself

6. BigCatTunski

BigCatTunski Fapstronaut

there’s a lot of great advice that I’ve been given in this thread, but I can’t even lie, this hit the hardest. I’ve been teeter tottering with my confidence for a while, and it’s still on shaky foundations, but that’ll change someday. It may not be today or tomorrow, but I know I’m on my way. Thanks for this.