1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to get my life in order.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TheKingInTheNorth!, Sep 25, 2020.

1. TheKingInTheNorth!

TheKingInTheNorth! Fapstronaut

I have been on and off NoFap since I was 19. I have definitely gained a lot of benefits when I maintained good streaks. They made me understand myself and the world around me better.
    However, those streaks were always for something outside me. Sometime it was a girl I was chasing and at other times I had to evolve to prove "haters", "enemies" or my "competitors" wrong. Although I was very shy, fearful and non-confrontational before these streaks, NoFap gave me the determination and mental fortitude to pickup Boxing as a sport and stick to it. But in all these streaks, the highest of which was a 145 day streak I started to feel hot in my head and hollow as a person. I was doing everything for validation and once I stopped receiving the validation, I would go back into loser mode. I also picked up a dangerous ideology and became a troll who would get into pointless arguments with people. And not long after I broke my streaks all my confidence would go away.
    It was as if I would continuously go from Level 1(fapping all the time) to Level 2( NoFap God Mode) but wouldn't know how to go forward so would oscillate between these two levels. The change came when I went for my first day Vipassana Meditation Course.(One of the conditions for practicing this meditation is no masturbation i.e NoFap). This combination of NoFap and Vipassana meditation brought about a fundamental change in me. I realized there are no enemies or haters but it is my own bad decisions that harm me. I stopped hating a lot people. The other realization was that there is no one outside who can help me or make me feel happy, its my own good decisions that will do so. Whenever I help someone or do something good I will feel happy and whenever I hate someone, hurt someone or think about hurting someone I would feel restless and anxious.
    This was last year. Since then, I have read more than 20 books, made a lot of new friends(only 1-2 close friends though), passed in all the subjects that I had failed and had the backlogs of in my University(graduated in the same year as my batch mates). Apart from this I have had a lot of happy moments this year. I have been very cheerful and at peace most of the time. However I have relapsed time and again this past year as well. Most of it because of the stress from having to come to terms with how far behind I was and how much I had to do to catch up. I am slowly doing so. My goal right now is to get a job for which I am preparing. (Apart from NoFap).
    So in this thread I will document my journey from here on and also give my tips on self-improvement.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    bdn94 likes this.
  2. TheKingInTheNorth!

TheKingInTheNorth! Fapstronaut

I am on my day 11 today. I have exercised for 10 out of these 11 days. I am overweight but have started to feel a bit better and light. I have also shaved off my unkempt beard and feel clean. I am also taking cold showers almost every morning after my exercise sessions apart from eating healthy. One big reason why I didn't relapse is because I have downloaded Shri Guru Granth Sahib (an Indian holy scripture of the Sikhs) on my Kindle. It completely washes me over with serenity and peace. I read it just before going to bed and just after waking up in the morning. There is an English version which you guys can get from the Amazon Store(its the one I read). Or I would suggest you read your own holy books before going to sleep.
    I was feeling very horny the past 10 days now I don't feel horny but feel a bit low. Maybe my flat line has started. I have to study to get a job and I am completely evading from it. That makes me feel bad but I intend to start doing it soon.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020