1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to get over my victim mentality.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 6, 2021.

1. When I was younger I used to blame my problems on every other person and say "It's their fault that I'm in this situation." But now I've come to realize that that everyone including myself plays a hand in problems What matters is how you respond to them but as I grew older I turned to Stoicism I think that embracing the philosophies of Stoicism, and becoming self-sufficient have helped me take back control of my own life. They also gave me spiritual meaning as well before I got interested in Christianity. But ever since my state is now requiring mask mandates and lockdowns I feel that all matters of control over my life have been pried out of my hands again. Since then I've fallen back to the victim mentality. Now I am trying to get rid of it again. I just want my victim mindset eradicated because I feel like my mentality has caused me several problems especially problems in my sex and dating life.

ICE :D likes this.
  2. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Well you need to realize you don't control anything that isn't you, you are not your life, you are not your body, you are not your emotions and you are not your thoughts. You are also not society, what you need to do is let go of the things that you don't have control over and stop trying to control anything.

The only way you're going to be free is by allowing others to be free, the things you own end up owning you.

Dioplleo_547 likes this.