1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to keep my fantasies under control

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Damon M, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Damon M

Damon M Fapstronaut

I have some rather perverted fantasies, and I have always found it hard to keep them under control.
    Don't want them to become reality.

2. Redi4change

Redi4change New Fapstronaut

I can't talk for the rest but I know that's true for me as well. I think it's a case of forbidden fruit. Anyway, I'm sure that what I think of as perverted others would see as nothing special. While I'm doing no PMO though I try not to entertain those thoughts. Sure, they pop into my mind and I just try to aknowledge them. "Yes I'm having a pervy thought. Now do something else". The more you try to stop them the more insistent they become (in my case). It's like if I say to you now "Don't think about the colour red". You can't help it. It's better to replace the thought with something else than to repeat to yourself "Don't think about...!" It's not easy. Just try not to allow the film to run in your head. Change the reel. I hope that helps. The truth is it's a struggle to control fantasies, perverted or not, but you'll find lots of support here. Good luck

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I agree with iRory, trying to actively fight intrusive thoughts runs the risk of breaking your willpower, whereas training yourself to not react badly to them can work better and once learned, takes very little effort. Its all about changing the perspective you have, instead of freaking out when you think something, just acknowledge it and keep on with whatever you were doing, if the thoughts persist, then thats when you should stop and (out loud if possible, if not in your head or written down), challenge the thought. Say something along the lines of "I know I am having this X thought, but I will not give into it because X". If you do this often enough eventually it will become second nature and your brain will organically go from "Holy shit time to obsess over this" to "Meh, I dont care" when you do have the thoughts and urges.

Redi4change likes this.
  4. Try to realize that you don't want and just don't need it. You don't need to think about it and you don't need to think about not thinking about it. It is something what does not matter for you at all, man!

5. The Reverend Doctor

The Reverend Doctor Fapstronaut

A wise man once urged us to, "Bring every thought into submission for the tearing down of strongholds." Remember, we control our thoughts. They are not feelings, they are decisions. The question is simply what you decide.