Trying to stop doing it daily

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by potatoes have starch, Nov 1, 2018.

1. potatoes have starch

potatoes have starch New Fapstronaut

Day 1 of 30

Hey, I'm just a teen guy who heard of NoFap November and was just curious to see how long I can abstain from PMO. About myself in general, I will be going into college next year(2019) perhaps to study design or animation. Art, music, and writing are some of my hobbies and I plan on using most of my time on those to distract myself from the urges.

I'm a bisexual and I think I'm not considered to have a typical masculine mindset. Often I like to do indoor things as I'm so bad at sports and I might be considered a very gentle person with a strong sensitivity to emotions around me. However, I've learnt to cover most of this up with silence and a poker face as it isn't very widely accepted in my family/community.

I'm a disaster at social interaction and I tend to avoid from making the first move in any conversation. I also suffer from mild depression and severe anxiety which often stem from the paranoia of others' impressions of me.

Raised a Catholic in a Catholic family, however I'm unsure of the faith currently. I've become detached from it for personal reasons. (also including the lgbt factor too i guess)

Currently the goal is the 30 days of November. I usually do it once or twice daily so I'm quite wary of the challenge ahead. My current longest streak is 8 days ever since I discovered PMO. Motivations at the moment are pretty weak: A bit of curiosity of how long I can last, the slight religious factor that still tugs my sleeves, and the month end shot? I hope maybe along the way I may be able to tone it down and get it more under control or something :/

I'll keep a sort of journal entry in the thread below and I'll be glad to meet anyone here, feel free to chat or something too.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap. I'm a bisexual guy, too. There are even many gay persons on this site. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

potatoes have starch likes this.
  3. potatoes have starch

Day 2 of 30

It's been a pretty difficult day. I went for driving lessons and was driving with manual transmission for the first time, which proved a challenge. Went to the library next with my friends to collect and compile more information for a research paper after that. Thankfully, those kept me occupied throughout the day.

There were multiple red flags todau, most notably when I was in the shower where it had become a habit, and when I was alone at home in the bedroom. I've enabled safe mode on all my social media but the occasional nsfw post gets past and I can feel myself already subconsciously fantasizing. There were also several times throughout the day where I felt I should just drop this. Very strong chaser effect. Fortunately I managed to keep myself distracted from even looking at my meat today, although the urge is really getting to me more and more.

4. potatoes have starch

Day 3 of 30

Surprisingly, I've kept myself distracted well today even though it was less busy than normal days. Cleaning my meat in the shower proved to require much discipline and self control. It also required a subtle effort to keep my hands away whenever when I got hard. And again, I wonder whether I made the right choice to take NoFap up; still many doubting moments throughout the day where I nearly thought I should end it.

5. potatoes have starch

Day 4 of 30

Today was a bit more of a challenge. Other than going out for breakfast in the morning, I was alone and bored at home. I'd decided to work on a small project at home to fill up my time. However, this was all rather difficult with my semihard that seemed to be there nearly the entire day. Today also marks the longest streak I've had that wasn't largely motivated by religious reasons (that one was 8 days)