1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuesday Dharma Discussion Group [SPIRITUAL DISCRETION IS ADVISED]

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lord of the Ocean, May 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lord of the Ocean

Lord of the Ocean Fapstronaut

This is a spirituality thread please be advised.

Hindus and Buddhists are both welcome, as is anyone of any faith whom has an interest in Dharma. Hindus may discuss Dharma as they understand it and Buddhists may discuss Buddhadharma in particular. I feel Hindus and Buddhists can reconcile the terms God and Buddha as being contained within our own self-nature waiting for us to enter into and realize.

Why Tuesday? I don't feel a daily discussion is needed number one and number two I will be sharing new uploads of Dharma videos that come out on Tuesdays on YouTube. Truly valuable use of the Tube.

Go for it. Or just sit back and watch or click a different thread. I will add some of my own thoughts on Dharma from time to time or jump into any discussion at any time.

Edit: Please share anything you like from videos to books to articles. Preferably share content that you are into on Tuesdays however discussion can go on at anytime if people engage in it.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. Lord of the Ocean

Quotes welcome too any day of the week.

Let me just try to advise we share media and published content on Tuesdays from the big Dharma dogs to base our discussion around.

The plain truth is the big Dharma dogs don't have an issue with fapping and naturally aren't gonna come swing by to chat with us all here.

"It is the duty of all to support and side with Dharma. All must fight and support Dharma regardless of their personality, background, status." - Swami Vivekananda

3. Lord of the Ocean

The most important and uniquely glorious element of Buddha’s character was that, he did not compel his pupils to be slaves either to his teachings or to himself, but like a conscientious human, demanded from his followers to accept his words not merely out of regard for him but after subjecting them to a thorough examination. And this is where Buddha stands out from the crowd of self-proclaimed prophets.
    - Abhijit Naskar, Rowdy Buddha: The First Sapiens

Hindu Dharma in essence is the same as all dharmas that we find within the ultimate Dharma. We need not bicker over specifics here but rather share what makes sense to us individually in our study and practice of Dharma whichever way we find ourselves going about it. Mutual encouragement is also encouraged alongside any discussion.

Masturbation is so out of place in the Dharma it is not even funny so we probably don't need to discuss it.

From Krishna, www.patheos.com/blogs/hindu2/2014/10/100-great-bhagavad-gita-quotes-from-krishna/:

Just as a reservoir is of little use when the whole countryside is flooded, scriptures are of little use to the illumined man or woman, who sees the Lord everywhere.

They alone see truly who see the Lord the same in every creature, who see the deathless in the hearts of all that die. Seeing the same Lord everywhere, they do not harm themselves or others. Thus they attain the supreme goal.

4. Wellbeing

Wellbeing Fapstronaut

Tantric and Taoist sexuality include transmutation of sexual energy, however they do practice masturbation, only avoiding ejaculation.

5. Shark Attack

Shark Attack Fapstronaut

Actually many Taoist masters do not masturbate, for example Wudang practitioners.

Also look into the Yellow Hats, they tried to reform the monastic order of Tibetan Buddhism including Tantric practices to restore celibacy as a rule.

So I do not agree with you at all but have a nice day.

6. Wellbeing

Wellbeing Fapstronaut

That is not taoist sexuality, that is celibacy. Reading comprehension.