1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Two full years of NoFap!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Angus McGyver, Mar 6, 2020.

Would you also like to read the story of life before I embarked on the NoFap-journey ?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2020.
  1. Yes, it would be really interesting and inspiring

22 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it doesn't seem to interesting or needed.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

Yes! I am very curious to learn more about your journey. Thanks for sharing with us.

Angus McGyver likes this.
  2. Hck

Hck Fapstronaut

Hey MacGyver:
    We are very much ready to read your story.. you inspire me to want to achieve better results for myself and help others

3. Hck

Hck Fapstronaut

Hey MacGyver:
    We are very much ready to read your story.. you inspire me to want to achieve better results for myself and help others

4. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Thanks for the flattering but a hero I am not!
    Indeed, I don't have any special superpowers, super-skills or deviate too much from most men. I just have a different mindset, sense of self-discipline and self-control after having trained and tempered my body, mind and psyche over a prolonged period.
    These are things/skills all men can develop over time with some grit, perseverance and belief in themselves.

MikeyRamirez likes this.
  5. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

Awesome meister, I'm relaying your story to my challenge thread. Agreeing all the stuffs you wrote; eat right, mind right, friends right...Good to read.

6. omerico2121

omerico2121 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the inspiring story. I've never considered giving up on electronics much, but now that you brought that up, there might be something into it. I don't know if I can separate myself completely from electronics, but I'll try to diminish its use.

Buddhabro and Angus McGyver like this.
  7. Angus McGyver

Thank you mate!
    There are few things that actually light and sheer me up us much as knowing that I am making a difference by sharing my past experiences, struggles and previous grievances. That, combined with learning new things, skills and expanding my current knowledge, consciousness and awareness. I am accidentally bumping into new teachings, facts and perspectives every single days that most people are too busy, stubborn or ignorant wanting to learn.

Through this long journey (combined with reading some great books in the subject matter) I have now reached the point at which I am starting to feel happy and content by just being alive in the present moment with almost have no frustrations, grudges, grievances, or worries.
    As you will be traveling on this path yourself in the near future and your ego and intellect slowly starts to release its steady grip, I can strongly recommend reading Eckhart Tolle's "The power of now" and you will understand exactly what I mean.

Hck likes this.
  8. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

The Power of Now is a great book. I highly recommend it to everyone. If you the message seriously, your life will change for the better.

9. Angus McGyver

I will never be able to completely separate myself from it but I am for sure capable of breaking free from all unnecessary use of it. The moment you can start detaching yourself more from your phone, TV, Netflix-series, radio, and all of these background noises, you will also slowly detach from your ego and intellect as well. Then, you will find the beauty and splendidness of the stillness and quiet, just by being present in the moment with it. Especially if you're out in nature on your own.
    I think the dependency and addiction to electronics and being constantly on the phone (even when you're out for a short walk) is the reason as to why people are so unhappy these days. Not only being exposed to this high-frequency radiation 24/7 but combined with the toxicity in social media, news-articles with its scaremongering and shaming, and the various escapist-behaviors (where people are trying to flee from their emotions, concerns and troubles) it promotes, people are bound to crash sooner or later.

Simply, because trying to ignore your emotions and troubles in the present will just land you in more misery, troubles and sorrows further ahead since you're accumulating the problems, sorrows and try to dodge them by force instead of just accepting the situation. It's like the lid of a boiler in a power-plant in which the heat is slowly turned up and the pressure builds up bit by bit. Just like the manager at the power-plant who don't accept/acknowledge the warnings from his alert colleagues of keeping doing this in ignorance (instead of just pulling the handle down which drives the heat and pressure down), the pressure keeps on building up until the lid blows off, creating a huge disaster that could have been avoided.

Buddhabro and Raven King like this.
  10. TheTraveler

TheTraveler Fapstronaut

Bud you are the true McGyver of NoFap! I hope to reach your level success one day. Just starting my journey now, your tips are of great help. Thank you for posting!

11. Angus McGyver

Thank you mate! But in order to become the true MacGyver of NoFap, you don't need much handiness but rather less of it, hehe.

TheTraveler and Raven King like this.
  12. Angus McGyver

Raven King likes this.
  13. Amends25

Amends25 Fapstronaut

And so are you and everyone making a conscious decision to break free from this illness we all have been affectef by