1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of meditation practices.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by maurice33, Sep 22, 2015.

1. maurice33

maurice33 New Fapstronaut

Hello i want to talk about the topic of meditation. I have found that when it comes to doing a nofap challenge i tend to get bombarded with destressing or sexual thoughts and i loose my mindfulness. I recently stumbled upon these meditations called 'active meditations' were one can uplift these suppressed emotions. I found these active meditations by osho are really great at transforming these energies in thebody. would anyone suggest any other types of meditation? Feel free to share your knowledge. Peace.

2. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

I've tried and enjoyed the Headspace App, good if you're a meditation / mindfulness beginner.

StaticGrey likes this.
  3. Son_of_Iroquois

Son_of_Iroquois Fapstronaut

All I do is sit in a chair, close my eyes, and listen.
    The meditation unfolds naturally from there.

JoePineapples likes this.
  4. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

That's what I do, now, too. :)
    Sometimes, when my mind is busy… I focus on the breath.
    But I had to do the Headspace thing to learn how to do it. I suppose it comes easier to some people than others, but it was a bit of a struggle for me to find that quiet place in my head. Still is, some days!

5. steve2006

steve2006 Fapstronaut

I actually have headspace on my tablet but never used it. I am going to give it a try today. I dont know where to start when it comes to meditating so guided meditation will help

JoePineapples likes this.
  6. Masquerade

Masquerade Fapstronaut

Okay. If you have 40 minutes to spare everyday as two sessions ie, 20min in the morning and 20 min before sleep then it would be good to practice "Chakra Meditation". I use to do it everyday along with Yoga and really it yields so many benefits. Moreover i believe its what making my mind stronger to resist the temptations sometimes. Google it

Asgardian36 likes this.