1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unbalanced muscle development and how I am going to fix it.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by IDabbleInPoetry, Mar 13, 2019.

1. IDabbleInPoetry

IDabbleInPoetry Fapstronaut

Hey everyone.

Considering I have been jerking off consistently with one arm for around 4 years I have developed a muscle imbalance in the upper half of my body. I am someone who works out and enjoys their fitness and have recently been challenging my limits with things such as push ups and chin ups. Attempting and succeeding to do 100 throughout 1 work out. However when I look in the mirror at my body I feel disappointed in myself as I see a clear imbalance that represents my addiction to masturbation. Now I understand some muscle imbalance can be put down to primary vs secondary hands but this is just too much so I have decided to fix it.

Now, whenever I work out I do double the amount of exercises for the left side of my body. For example if I will do two left handed bicep curls for every right handed one. I plan on doing this for all the exercises I can find for upper body free weights so that I can hopefully even out my muscles.

If I achieve my goal of evening out my body not only will it represent me stopping masturbation, but it will also represent my hard work and dedication towards improving myself. I understand the confidence boost this could give me(I already am a confident guy) which is why I am so set on achieving this.

I will be able to measure achieving this goal by being able to look in the mirror and see an almost symmetrical build for my body, and I am really looking forward to the day that I can do that.

2. I recommend taking a tape measure and getting your arm sizes recorded, that way you will know if you are balancing them out.

IDabbleInPoetry likes this.
  3. IDabbleInPoetry

IDabbleInPoetry Fapstronaut

I actually did do this and there is over a cm in difference, so my aim is to get it closer half a cm or something

BravelyKegger likes this.