1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unconventional First Date Ideas

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Oliver Gunter, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Oliver Gunter

Oliver Gunter Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

since we are slowly approaching summer and hopefully less covid restrictions, I'm really looking forward to dating.

The classics like meeting in a coffee shop, a restauraunt or a bar are kinda boring and uncomfortable imo and it's not even sure if it will be allowed anytime soon.

Here are some first date ideas I had:
    + Meeting in a park for ice cream
    + Going for a hike alongside a lake
    + Having picnic at a lake
    + Going for a kayak ride on a lake
    + Going for a kayak ride on a river

What do you think about these? What are your ideas?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  2. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

The idea of the 1st date is to get to know each other. To look up for red flags, to know if you have fun in a date with her, if you want a 2nd date with her and of course to know if she is also interested in you romantically (and is not using you because she is bored, wants a free drink/meal, she wants you justs as a friend or you are just a back up plan). One golder rule for this is to always go for the kiss before the end of the nigth if you are into her. If she turn you down she is probably not into you.. you should better go and find a woman that is happy to kiss you back.

Another important thing is to make a date were you can progress the interaction from talking to touching, from touching to kissing and from kissing to sex.

So basically the logisticts of every date should be a date were you can talk a lot, have some kind of physicall interaction and if things go well you can proceed and have some fun in bed.

Also the 1st dates should be cheap, a woman that is really interested in you is not going to care about it. But the ones that just want a free drink or meal are going to push it to go to an expensive restaurant or bar. Or do an expensive plan aforded by you. Don't be a sucker.. woman that are really into you don't need that kind of stuff. Choose the woman that are happy with your company and not with the woman that chooses you for the amont of money you are spending on them.

Me personally... on first dates is just 1 or 2 drinks in a normal bar. Douring quarentine you can go to a park and have drinks you brought.

Garek, brassknucks and Oliver Gunter like this.
  3. I go to the same restaurant with a coffee shop and a gazebo nearby for just about every first date. I’m sure I’m a bit of a joke the the staff. I am expanding my horizons as I look for a good place to get drinks.

My second date list:

Art museum
    Mini golf
    Paddle boarding

DuckofDeath and Oliver Gunter like this.
  4. Oliver Gunter

Lol!

Very nice!

Garek likes this.
  5. Oliver Gunter

I totally agree!

6. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

I saw someone else already mentioned miniature golf (we call it 'Putt Putt Golf' where I'm from). I just want to chime in to say that that guy is one hundred percent correct!

Years ago a guy I was working with mentioned that mini golf is the best first date ever. I barely knew the guy and laughed off the advice. Until I tried it. It really is the perfect first date: you get to know the girl, it isn't expensive, you can get ice cream after etc. It feels like a fun, flirty vibe is built into it.

If I took a girl out for a miniature golf date and we didn't hit it off, that would be a pretty clear sign that she and I weren't a good fit and I'd likely move on.

Oliver Gunter likes this.
  7. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I would take her for a workout run on the first date, see if she can somewhat hang with me. Then we would go get some food after (no I’m not paying for her meal on the first date; separate checks).

tulip lover and Oliver Gunter like this.
  8. Basic Element

Basic Element Fapstronaut

The ideas are quite good.
    Especially park, and picnic at a lake.
    But park is more neutral, and then you can change a place to a lake of course.
    You'll see it as the situation unfolds. Just be yourself, the setting is just a part of the game, but you are the main hero :)
    Girls appreciate funny and friendly guys!)

Oliver Gunter likes this.