1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unplug from Social Media

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MrBlue201, Jan 5, 2021.

1. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Unplug from facebook, instagram, snapchat, pinterest, dating sites, reddit, and any others you may be addicted to. They keep you on your phone! Simple as that. You should unplug from these things for a time if you are serious about changing your virtual habits.

2. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am not there yet, I am far from it, but I am slowly gaining clarity on this topic. If you have a virtual problem, then you should make --> virtual adjustments! right?

3. Challenge accepted!

MrBlue201 likes this.
  4. It’s difficult isn’t it.

I deleted my Facebook and Twitter and Instagram. But I have Reddit. I use Reddit a lot. Do I truly need it? I enjoy it, but do it need it?

FreshPhoenix and MrBlue201 like this.
  5. I deleted my YouTube account. Don’t need it on my phone. If I want to watch stuff I’ll watch it on tv

MrBlue201 likes this.
  6. I deleted Reddit.

MrBlue201 likes this.
  7. upload_2021-1-5_11-50-58.png
    why i don't trust the news

FreshPhoenix and MrBlue201 like this.
  8. The real choice is to put your smartphone in the Trash, and buy an old dumb phone like nokia or cat b30. Only then you see how many peole around you are become addicted to that shit, and people, instead of enjoy the feeling of get bored, view, they use their phones. Snow is here and people, instead of enjoy the view, are doing the best photo for their social account for get likes. turn off your phone and enjoy the view! i use an amazon kindle, mostly rotten and slow, and i use only at home. Then you will understand that the Phrase: "Smartphone is the soul of the materialists is correct.

9. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Big one man! I will not try to persuade anyone politically, but reddit is very tough on conserverative ideas in my opinion. Its very left leaning. They don't show upvotes also, they show net, so if you have 300 upvotes and 350 downvotes it gives you "-50".

Anyway, you can download it again if you miss it! I deleted my reddit too bc I still lurked around on it. That was as recent as a few days ago! I feel a bit more free, and who knows maybe it will benefit you too.

10. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It stinks bc the world uses so many online platforms, but if you are over-saturated, I think unplugging for a long while or forever has a lot of potential to help!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  11. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Wow! You have an interesting take on this also. I don't want to be a materialist, but maybe I have acted the part more than I'd like to admit.

En?gma likes this.
  12. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

LoL you're the man! Hey, give it a try. It was a bit freeing for me. Its a big adjustment, like for example sometimes I habitually look at my phone and there's nothing to look at. Overall though, I am using my time more wisely now.

Hart1960 likes this.
  13. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

What do you mean? You mean you don't have fear? The news wants you to live on eggshells. fear fear fear! lol... but for real, that is an interesting chart. They do not correllate...

Timecop and goodnice 2.0 like this.
  14. QuiggyG

QuiggyG Fapstronaut

Done this awhile ago. The only social media I use is Messenger, Steam and Discord.

MrBlue201 likes this.
  15. Yeah I need to quit Reddit.

MrBlue201 likes this.
  16. I agree to disagree haha. What if your trying to build a brand and use social media as major tools to get ahead in life? It’s the blood of your business, the way to get customers and growth.

17. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

And the cringiest feeling you get right after you do it like...

[​IMG]

MrBlue201 and TurboBull92 like this.
  18. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes! totally. I've been there. But that's only you becoming less so.

19. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

I haven't got to that point (because of not wanting to miss out?) but blocking notifications certainly eliminated a BIG chunk of anxiety in my life.

MrBlue201 likes this.
  20. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

i am clean from facebook since 2014
    clean from instagram, twitter since 2017

i only use whatsapp and youtube
    i use youtube a lot but just to watch videos, i barely make any comments

its so much better.

still addicted to gaming