1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Update on 60 Days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Maskwa91, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Maskwa91

Maskwa91 Fapstronaut

Greetings, fellow Fapstronauts!

Today marks 60 days of no PMO. I had posted a thread on the 50 day mark which you can read here to give you some background. The past ten days has been quite a roller coaster. I'll briefly discuss some benefits and observations over the past 60 days and some plans for the future. I'll try not to keep it too long.

The Benefits

Over the past 60 days, here are some of the benefits I have experienced:
    • Slight boost in energy and concentration;
    • Better skin - appears to be glowing and acne is clearing to some extent;
    • Decrease in anxiety with boost in confidence and assertiveness;
    • Women attraction.
    "Flatline"

I have been experiencing a flatline of sorts over the past several weeks. By flatline, I am referring to my energy levels and moods. I realize that others interpret flatlines as also having low libido but this has not been the case for me.

My energy has been very low and my mood has been dismal. However, I’ve been doing great in not relapsing in any way. I have had urges and fantasies like crazy but immediately get busy with something when they appear.

I mentioned in my last post that I blew a tire on my truck and had to fork out a bit of cash to pay for a new one. I also mentioned that I had handled that stress quite well as a result of being on NoFap. Interestingly enough, I hit a deer while driving home one night. The deer died after impact, and now my truck is sitting in a lot at a collision center waiting for assessments from my auto insurance provider. I'm not sure if it will be a write off - the grille was destroyed, head lights damaged, radiator bent and line severed, and somehow the transmission failed making the vehicle inoperable. I mentioned in my last post that normally I would be very anxious, stressed and agitated at such a situation but lately I haven't been letting things like that bother me. All I care about is that no one else was hurt and I survived - it could have been a lot worse.

Ever since December my energy has been very low. During the holidays I worked at my security job and racked up a ton of hours. I worked out a few times at a local gym but decided to stop after I developed intolerable lower back pain. I wasn't sleeping well at all as I was staying in an apartment building and the neighbors above me were constantly arguing, being loud, and their 7 month old son cried incessantly. I mean a lot. Ear plugs wouldn't even help and several complaints have been made to the landlord and police as sometimes their arguments were alcohol fueled and violent. For three whole weeks a slept very little and worked a lot. Funnily enough the neighbors were always home when I was and seemed to be gone when I was too. My schedule was quite sporadic since I do shift work. What are the chances, right? I was a little miserable but kept on truckin’. My family was away for the holidays in another city where my sister and her family live so I was very lonely. My coworkers were concerned at how tired and lifeless I looked - it was as though I was back on PMO. I was drinking a massive amount of coffee daily and eating shit food because I was too exhausted to cook. As a result I started breaking out again and my 'beer gut' is starting to make a reappearance. To top it all off I had the aforementioned vehicle troubles. PLUS, I got rejected in the form of a letter from the Canadian Armed Forces on account of my chronic Asthma. I've definitely hit some difficult times which certainly doesn't help with the flatline. I feel like the world is testing me. But I know I will prevail; this is just character building and everything happens for a reason. NoFap is definitely helping me become a bad ass warrior - a warrior who doesn't let things like that affect him.

Strategies to Combat the Flatline

Yesterday I visited a chiropractor in hopes of undergoing my first Network Spinal Analysis treatment. I was shown an x-ray of my spine compared to a normal spine and was shocked at how misaligned my spine is - my neck posture is poor, there are slight twists in the upper and lower portion of my spine, and have a pinched disk at the bottom of my spine as a result of an anterior pelvic tilt. No wonder my back has been killing me! My chiropractor informed me that I may have no energy as a result of the pelvic tilt. He suggested a manual adjustment but I was apprehensive - I had never had one before. I declined and opted for a level 1 NSA treatment. It was a series of light touches up and down my spine and some probing with a device I believe is called an "Arthrometer". Physically, I felt no major difference after the treatment. However, ever since then I have felt a strange feeling of bliss and relaxation. The pain is still there but not as bad. Last night I actually slept quite decently. I've been having nightmares for the past few weeks and still haven't been able to get a full sleep even though I'm not at the noisy apartment anymore. I feel the NSA treatment had something to do with the pleasant sleepy. I will have a manual adjustment next week as I have resolved my apprehensions and want to try it. I have started working out again, am eating healthier and will continue with meditation and cold showers. At the suggestion of a fellow Fapstronaut on my previous thread I will start Yoga. I feel it could help with my back problems and muscle imbalances. I will continue to receive NSA treatments as I have read so many great things and am willing to try it. If any of you are interested, you can read about NSA here. I will write about it more as my treatments progress.

I also wanted to mention that I intend to overcome my caffeine addiction. I had quit for two weeks a few months ago and the headaches were terrible. I went back to drinking coffee and now want to stop again so I don't have to rely on a stimulant for daily energy. I started supplementing coffee for green tea yesterday and will gradually wean myself off. I'll update you come day 90.

Onto 90 Days and Beyond

I feel that being on NoFap has pushed me further along in my commitments to being healthy. Years ago, I would have never entertained the thought of working out, resolving my addictions, or even reading and learning about something like NSA. Even though I have been experiencing the flatline and all these minor misfortunes, I am more determined than ever to overcome all obstacles. I feel NoFap plays a huge role in that. I feel like it is my duty as a man, a human being, to give my greatest gifts to the world even though they may not be accepted. It is my duty to become the greatest version of myself. I am a child of the Creator of the Universe and it is my birth rite to accomplish such things. I refuse to go back to the skinny, weak, emotionally unstable, suicidal, smelly, pizza-faced, alcohol abusing, cigarette smoking, miserable, ignorant, do-nothing, PMO'ing beta male I once was. I wasn't able to give my best self to others or to the world back then. I was miserable, wanted to end my life, and couldn't figure out for the life of me why relationships and other things in general didn't work out. I have been into the whole self-improvement thing for the last couple years but nothing has helped me more than NoFap. I know that NoFap alone won't solve or help everything in my life, but it has been an excellent tool. This journey has been amazing so far and I will keep going. I refuse to give up. The women attraction has been great but I still have to work on approaching. My anxiety has been bad the last week but am determined to push through it by more cold showers, meditation, prayer, yoga, and generally approaching more and more people with a 'freedom from outcome' mindset. I've said before that my anxiety comes and goes and hope that these strategies will keep it at bay in the long run. It's much better than what it was years ago.

Sorry if this was a little long, but I hope this helps some of you along in your journey. I hope that you are able to understand what I am trying to get across in this post as my mind has not been entirely clear as of late and it tends to show in my writing. I continue to read success stories during my free time and I must say - there are some pretty inspiring individuals in this community. I'm glad to take part in it. I hope to discuss more come day 90 on my progress with ED, PE, anxiety, fitness, women attraction and more. I have not had any nocturnal emissions yet but we shall see.

More to come on day 90 and beyond. Stay hungry for your goals and dreams, my friends. I believe in you!

Maskwa91

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut