1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Useful statements of Jesus (in the fight against pmo) from a private revelation

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

To beat the addiction we Catholics must do what members of 12 step program (AA) do.
    At the beginning I'll write why this is necessary (I'll repeat my text from another post) then beginning from the second post on the thead I'll be translating Jesus's instructions (chosen by me) given to my compatriot Maria Alicja Lenczewska (Polish). She died in my city 8 years ago and wrote 2 volumes of the conversations with Jesus, sometimes Mary.

The statesments come from volume 2 ,,instructions'' and in my opinion, are very useful for every addict. The private revelation was examined by a special theological committee appointed by our bishop and the committee stated that nothing in the two volumes is against Catholic faith and that the volumes can be very useful in private faith. (so, they have implimatur)
    The volumes were published in my country and they are becoming more and more popular in believers circles of Poland.

Now I'll repeat below what I wrote in another post:

If we analyse what AA members do (12 step program) - they do the same. Even if they don't call God Jesus or even mostly avoid the word God, using High Power, they always say that the only effective way is to realise in practice the 12 steps every day. If we analyse the 12 steps we'll see that all of them base on the Bible (if you don't believe, read them all).

They have 12 steps and we have the Gospel. We must implement Gospel in our everyday life like they implement the 12 steps. I know some of them - Their implementation is real and they treat it very seriously day after day. We must do so at least as hard as they do. We call it a path to sanctity.

There are 3 big mistakes which Catholics do trying to get rid of an addiction:
    The first mistake is: we pray, ask others for prayers, go (even regularly to Mass and Confession), say rosaries etc. but we aren't obiedent to God or try not enough to be obiedent - lukewarm (don't want to change our life and decisions and choices according to God's Word and Church). Faith without deeds is dead.
    The second mistake is trying to be a good man, husband, Christian, Catholic , ( being obiedent to God and Church ) but at the same time neglecting prayer, Mass, Confession, Sacraments...... the result is that we wish to change ourselves but we have not enough strength of will to do it. We fight untill stronger difficulties or temptation come and we give in because no man is able to repair himself without God's grace (power). As if we said to Jesus - '' we can save ourselves (from pmo or other addictions), we are saviours, not You''

The last mistake - we can call it the third one, is lack of prayer at the time of temptation. We try to fight it with all known measures but without God (His help) because not praying at the time of the attack is as if we say to God - I'll do it on my own, Your help is not necessary - as if we forgot His words -
    '' without Me you can do nothing.''
    or as if we never heard:
    ''Watch and pray so that you will not enter into temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak.”

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Instructions of Jesus (exerps), part 1: (I'll be trying to post here new exerps every few days and you are invited to comment the contents or write your opinions etc.)

By accepting the cross, you accept Me. . . .
    Every fall is a chance to rise up to love even more. . .
    Take Me off the cross with your faithfulness and obedience. . .
    and come out of your human tightness to Heaven, which I am in your soul. . . . .

Every man you meet is a gift from Me so that you can embrace him with My love that burns in you. How it burns, it's up to you. To your contribution to the heat of this fire. The gift of your effort and your self-denial is needed, as the Apostles' bread and fish were needed for Me to multiply them to feed the multitudes. So I will multiply what you give of yourself and you will be amazed at the enormity of the multiplication of My power of love in you. . .

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Swazzy 1 and JMarcus like this.
  3. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Instructions of Jesus (exerps), next part:
    (Today I begin with my comments to the exerps - the comments are my own way to understand them, especially how I understand and experience them in the context of pmo and any other addiction )

Instructions of Jesus (exerps written in blue), next part:

How little it means what's on the surface of your life. And how much of what happens in the depths of your soul....

My comment: in the depths of our soul there is pmo and all the thoughts, emotions and desires connected to it. Our success in the fight against pmo depends on what we bring in our soul. We must bring God there (it's when we pray) and then He will be winning over the addiction.

Heaven is Me. Being in heaven you are in Me ....

My comment: We can be in heaven even now, when we start praying. When we pray Jesus is in our mind, heart, soul .... as a result - who is in Jesus, heaven is free from a sin. Our sin is pmo. In the presence of Jesus (prayer) pmo loses its power and Jesus destroys it.

Beyond Me is hell: the pain of separation and eternal hunger. Eternal insatiable hunger and anxiety and fear and oppression....

My comment: Beyond Me means beyond prayer so when we are beyond prayer (when we don't pray) we experience some hunger, insatiable hunger, fear, pain and as a result we look for something what could heal our inner pain and hunger, desires... we found something what heals us - it's pmo, the most pleasant medicament which is a poison at the same time. If beyond prayer we live in hell then comming back to prayer we start living in heaven and Jesus heals us from pmo and all other misery.

Keep praying and forgetting yourself. Give everything and yourself to your God....

My comment: There is pmo in our soul, mind, emotions... and it works demanding fulfilling the desires in acts of pmo. But when we pray honestly we try to focuse our attention on Jesus, God... The more we focuse on God the more we forget ourselves (our desires, bad feelings, destructive selfish thoughts...). The result is that our pmo power is getting weaker and weaker during prayer. We as if give the addiction to God for burning.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Swazzy 1 likes this.
  4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Instructions of Jesus (exerps), next part:

There is no development of the soul in love without denying yourself - your selfishness in every situation which gives you such an opportunity. . .

My comment: There is no getting rid of pmo without denying your selfishness because pmo is selfishness. To deny means to accept renunciation. I must renunciate the most intensive pleasure in the world - pmo, and I must do it in every situation. This renunciation is impossible without prayer because only grace can reduce the desire to experience pmo extasy and only grace can give me another pleasure which is good - the pleasure of clear conscience , freedom, calmness etc.

Nothing but Me is good for you. . .

My comment: If we have in mind (soul) anything beside Jesus, it's not good for us because without God in our soul the empty place is being taken by world pleasures, evil spirit, fear, bad desires etc. If not Jesus then all possible negativity pmo including. When is Jesus in us? When we pray. Should we pray without ceasing? Yes, we addicts have no other alternative. What do you choose pmo without ceasing or Jesus in mind without ceasing? There is no between state.

I have become a Man and I am among people so that by giving Me all the pain you feel when you encounter evil in another person and in the world, you can unite with Me, abide in Me and love everyone with the Merciful Love . . . . . .

My comment: It's good and giving relieve to offer Jesus all our pain, suffering, negative thoughts, feelings, desires, pmo imaginations, etc. Then jesus comes invited by us and makes order in our head and heart and will. When we encounter an evil man we should unite with Jesus in inner prayer (in our mind) , even if we talk to the evil man. When we do so, Jesus heals us and the evil person with His Mercy.

5. IWant2Quit2

IWant2Quit2 Fapstronaut

Are her books available in english? I did a brief check online and didn't see any.

6. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

This is something new, even in Poland. Her two volumes were written from 1985 to 2008 but first without a decision of a theological commission they were known and circulated in a small community in my city and after she died in 2012, a theological commission accepted this private revelation as useful for believers. So for about 5 years you can buy the volumes in Poland almost in every Catholic bookshop and online but I haven't heard about translations into other languages.
    I think it's only a question of money to hire a good translator. The excerpts above are translated by me because I'm fascinated by the revelation and it's one of bases on which I try to built my faith ( prayer, actions ...).
    If you like write a topic you are interested in ( for example: prayer, suffering, how to be happy inspite of difficulties, illnesses, freedom, evil spirit attacks etc. ) and I'll choose a passage and translate for you. Or another way - first pray to Jesus for some words to you personally then give me a page number between 44 and 648 ( vol. 1) or between 29 and 326 ( vol. 2). And I'll translate the page for you. If you are struck or deeply moved by something on the chosen page then it could mean the revelation could be for you too.

7. IWant2Quit2

IWant2Quit2 Fapstronaut

Based on your translations I read, her revelations seem to be consistent with St. Faustina's. I'm sure there will be translations once the word gets out more.

8. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

But a few prophesies in the revelation are not optimistic at least the first phase (the revelation is first of all a collection of instructions how to live in faith these times) - scenes of destroyed burnt churches, people living in apathy and fear, clergy banned, no time to pray (only when doing something in a hurry), the end and impossibility of traditional religious practices , transitional triumph victory of world masonry and church seeming to be dead (only very small not common groups of believers or individuals) and persecutions (the hardest in the history). But at the end of that time an unespected God's intervention and a great victory of the new coming church....

SuccessInRebooting likes this.
  9. IWant2Quit2

IWant2Quit2 Fapstronaut

Can't say we weren't warned...... multiple times.

10. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I wish to thank you for your efforts in this forum and I pray you will continue with this work. I have been through revelations of the gospel to Maria Valtorta entitled "The Poem of the Man God" (available in audio book form via iTunes) and I have found nearly identical messages there. Our precious Lord is speaking to us. He is with us. He has not given up on us.

SuccessInRebooting likes this.
  11. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

In the Valtorta revelations, Christ's 40 days of fasting and temptation in the desert is revealed (listen to Book 1, Part 2, track 50 in the audio book). The devil begins by telling Christ to get a woman and Christ later explains that lust for the flesh is always where the devil begins his temptations before moving on to glory and greed. Later, when recruiting his disciples Christ cautions that those who sincerely wish to follow Him must develop a very strong will power for the devil will put a particular focus on tempting them. Let's fill our hearts so full of love for God that the devil cannot squeeze in a single temptation!

Reb10 and SuccessInRebooting like this.
  12. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Hi,

I haven't heard about Maria Valtorta and googled the name and what I found is this:

,,By a decree of January 5, 1960, published on instructions of Pope John XXIII, the Holy Office condemned the published work and included it in the Index Librorum Prohibitorum.[17] The decree was published also on L'Osservatore Romano of January 6, 1960, accompanied by a front-page, unsigned article under the heading "A Badly Fictionalized Life of Jesus".[18] The book was placed on the Index because of its claim to supernatural guidance''

and this:

,,According to Father Mitch Pacwa SJ, "the long speeches of Jesus and Mary starkly contrast with the evangelists, who portray Jesus as 'humble, reserved; His discourses are lean, incisive.' In addition, Pacwa writes that the poem has "'many historical, geographical and other blunders.' For instance, Jesus uses screwdrivers (Vol. 1, pp. 195, 223), centuries before screws existed. ''

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_P...ces_the_book_on_the_Index_of_Prohibited_Books

CPilot, what's your opinion to this above?

13. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I think the Church has to be very careful about revelations and apparitions and thus is very slow to acknowledge them. For example, I understand the Church also does not acknowledge the apparitions in Medjugorje but nevertheless many miracles and conversions have occurred there. I have been there many times, I know first hand of several miracles. One wealthy man, whom I met, completely changed his sinful life after visiting Medjugorje and donated his entire fortune to help the deeply impoverished people there. One of the children, now adults, who received the apparitions from Mary recalled that Mary said if you want to know the true nature of Jesus, read the Valtorta accounts.

I have read the five Valtorta books and frankly, they are inspiring and enlightening to me. The author describes the scene of numerous miracles and events which are also described in the bible and I detected no deviations from the biblical accounts. She also describes several events, like the birth of Christ, that are not well described in the bible in a way that is totally consistent with biblical teaching. Nevertheless, I have also detected some minor mistakes in her historical accounts (she mentions our Lord and Joseph using screw drivers - I don't think screws were prevalent in those times) and probably some minor geographical errors too although I haven't researched them.

I found her treatment of Our Mother Mary particularly beautiful and moving. Her description of Mary's purity and devotion to God inspired me to work harder on my own sins. Also her description of the love and respect Joseph gave to Mary and Jesus has inspired me to work harder on treating my own family better.

In summary, I feel Maria Valtorta's revelations provide some very helpful insights which can lead one to a holier path. However, they haven't been scrutinized and authenticated as thoroughly as the bible (and of course never will be). I understand the church's hesitancy to endorse them but nevetheless, I feel they are extremely helpful and in no way against Church teachings.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    JiminyCricket likes this.