1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Adderol during my hard 90

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by WO2033, Mar 29, 2017.

1. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

okay, looking for some advice. From what I've watched and read, my ADHD symptoms and foggy brain could be side affects of my PMO addictions and habits. Do you think the stimulant could hinder or potentially help the success of my hard 90? Or might it be useful for me to talk with my medical doctor about weening off the Adderol medication?

Deadlihood likes this.
  2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I too have ADHD, so you're gonna have to give me a TL;DR of this.

LegendaryToast likes this.
  3. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

"TL;DR?"- I'm sorry, but what does that mean?

4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Hmm. I take Concerta (18mg) and Focus Factor, which can be bought at (some) drug stores, etc. without a prescription. I know nothing of Adderol, unfortunately.

I think staying focused (busy!) is important in quitting PMO. Also, quitting PMO is a big deal! Do you really want to take the risk of weening yourself off of a medication in the midst of such an important time? Remember, we're all fragile and vulnerable.. (though we do take strength in each other!)

Cheers, and good luck on your journey. I would highly recommend Focus Factor, by the way.

Warm regards,
    Deadlihood

5. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

It means "Too Long; Didn't Read" -- I was just joking, though. :p

6. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the advice!

Deadlihood likes this.
  7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Ah.. I just like to hear myself talk (or read myself type?) sometimes. Welcome [back] to the site.

8. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

By chance, do you also have Tourette's syndrome?

9. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

I get it... like you couldn't stay focused long eeee... hi, I'm Dori!

Deadlihood likes this.
  10. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

Nope. do you?

11. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Where's Nemo, Dori?

12. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Yessir! Just thought I'd ask. It appears 1 out of every 100 persons with ADHD has Tourette's, too.

13. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

(Forgot my source.)

14. Hey @WO2033 ,
    I dont think that anyone here could replace the advice of real doctor.

Secondly,
    Dont bother Deadlihood.
    He is Just a good ass.

[​IMG]

15. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Hey, screw you, man. I have a PHD!..

(..pretty huge dick)

WO2033 and LegendaryToast like this.
  16. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

Funny guys. Appreciated.

17. Ericinomaha

Ericinomaha Fapstronaut

Serious question: my son has been ADHD (non hyperactive). I have a lot of his symptoms. At 50 years old, is it too late to get any benefit from ADHD meds? I plan on seeing my doc about it. Just wondering if you guys have good results from being on the stuff.

18. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

Of course, the best person to ask is your doctor, but I can tell you of my experience. I'm really not certain if I've ever really had ADD/ADHD. I was prescribed Adderol to address some residual effects of a brain trauma I suffered when I was a teenager.
    The stimulant helps me concentrate and stay on task, and I've used it as a tool for the last 6 years, on and off, to help me manage an otherwise chaotic existence. All my years in school, from grade school through college, I managed to get by without the drug, but it was a constant struggle. I didn't start medicating until I was 32 (now 37); after I began working with a few other guys who were prescribed Adderol and had been diagnosed with ADD in their teens.
    Like managing PMO, the journey is different for everyone. Much of the variance will depend on the type of medication your doctor may prescribe or the symptoms you're currently experiencing. Another thing to consider (in my unprofessional opinion) are the positive physical and mental changes that will happen as the result of overcoming your addiction. I would highly and personally recommend trying to improve your lifestyle before taking any sort of medication. In fact, when I successfully get through my Hard 90, I'm going to talk with my doctor about lowering my dosage and eventually getting unmedicated.
    Best of luck with everything and let me know how everything plays out.

19. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Look into Focus Factor (no prescription needed). Available at Costco, some drug stores, etc. I take six to nine per day and they very much help me focus at work. A tad pricey; but worth it, I think.

20. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

Geez Deadlihood! Do you own stock in that sh.., or what? You're pushing that Focus Factor harder than the neighborhood ddealer:p;)