1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Using NoFap as a way to challenge myself

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Rents77, May 15, 2021.

1. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone!

New guy here, even though I have lurked those forums before anonymously. I'm in my 30ies, got divorced in the beginning of the year (relationship lasted a decade, no kids, luckily), and I'm pretty much at the top of my game now - working a job which I'm very happy at, having a lot of fun on weekends (playing football / parties / mountain hiking)...

But my life is lacking a "meaningful struggle" - a reason to challenge yourself. So I figured, why not make the the 90-day challenge (if my willpower allows, even more) my goal, my meaningful struggle to go through.

It's always been so easy. Horny? Have a wank. Bored? Have a wank. Can't sleep? Have a wank.

I want to wire my brain in a different way and have a different mindset. There were periods of my life where I did not masturbate for about two weeks, because I was too busy to actually think about it and I have to say, even at those points, I've felt good about it, which makes me hope I can go through with a much longer run.

Nathan Harris, Jag45 and will light like this.
  2. Good god, that is so true. Too many of us can relate.

Big respect for you to take on this challenge with the goal of having a "meaningful struggle". Admirable.
    Wishing you the best. Hope to be hearing more from you.
    By the way, I'm diggin' your avatar.

Rents77 likes this.
  3. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

Cheers, yeah, The Flash is among my favorite shows cause he always remains human :)

And I definitely will, only just started on a couple of days, but I want to do this for myself, and will try to read on other people's stories and struggles to prepare myself mentally.

Jag45 likes this.
  4. The Flash is awesome, I've been watching it since the beginning!

Rents77 likes this.