1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by SyrusDrake, Feb 14, 2017.

1. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

(Posted about 24hrs ago on a different social network. It's a bit late here but I thought it might be relevant for some users.)

February 14th...probably the date I hate most.

To everyone who isn't spending today alone, I wish you a very happy Valentine's Day. If you've been lucky enough to have met your soulmate, I hope you get to spend some wonderful time with them today and for many more months and years to come. And please, also pause for a moment and think about how blessed you are to have them in your life. Many stars had to align properly so the two of you wouldn't miss each other in space or time.

To those who are momentarily alone: Hang in there. I'm sure the next Valentine's Day, you'll have someone at your side. Stars are constantly moving, yours just aren't aligning at the moment.

And to those who are like me, and I hope that's not many of you...you are not alone. For a few of us, the universe just didn't write a soulmate into the grand script of life. If nothing else, we can find solace in the hope that maybe, just maybe we can serve as a reminder for those who did find someone to not take their blessing for granted.

Happy Valentine's Day.

2. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Awesome post, made me reflect about something.

What is the source of our happiness? The stereotype of the media that wants us to have a soulmate so we can consume chocolates and buy roses in this day, or our self worth? (In these case they presume we dont have one since we dont have a soulmate)

WTF? I'm single and I'm really happy. +++ what about polygamists who have more than one love or are into a hatem? Thats love to man. Should they buy roses for everyone?

Humans trying to claim the laws of nature and universe with their selfmade calendar, that's it.

Dont let a date destroy your day, instead, use that stupidity in your favor and lie to the pizza delivery that you want the valentines day discount for your "soulmate". ;)

3. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

If i have my penis im not alone.

4. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Fapstronaut

lol