1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegan

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TheOneAndOnlyPastry, Sep 17, 2017.

1. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

I've never understood the point of these mock meat bullshit. Its like being anti-gun but then shooting a gun with blanks.

2. I created this thread to share my positive opinion on veganism. Please do not respond to anyone on this thread anymore.

3. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

If you were truly Vegan you would be eating nothing but natural food, your substitutes are bullshit. It just shows that you can't live without them. You should just be focusing on real food, rather then meat substitues, because nothing will truly ever substitute meat or cheese etc,, so why don't you just eat fruits, veges, nuts etc? rather then processed soy beans

4. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

I drink only water snd eat only fruits and vegetables. How vegan am I?

5. So basically... you posted this thread so you could live in an echo chamber full of only the people who agree with your opinion.

Feel free to not respond, but you can't tell everyone else what to do. You shared your views on veganism, I shared mine, and everyone else shared theirs and a conversation occurred. Nothing wrong with that. If you want an echo chamber, PM your vegan friends and talk about how great it is to be vegan. You can't post something about a topic as controversial as veganism on a public forum and expect nobody to disagree and no debate to occur.

6. I am fine with debating with people. It is just very slow on this site and there were too many people to reply to. It was overwhelming and stressful. If anyone reading this has any questions, private message me please, thanks!

7. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

that sort of eating I would accept, but what I dislike is vegans preaching about how bad meat is and how it causes all these problems and how saturated fat is the main cause of heart disease, but then most Vegan foods are very unhealthy
    Lentils, Beans, Grains, Vegetable Oils, Soy are all very terrible for your health.

8. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

So I’m a true vegan?

9. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

15 year old male whos a vegan, you're weird dude.

LonerWolf likes this.
  10. Yeah, vegans are so fucking weird am I right ? Like, they choose not to harm the suffering and death of animals unnecessarily and instead eat like... vegetables ? How weird is that.

It is really manly and strong of me to walk into a supermarket and buy dead body parts. I mean, it's not immoral, I just pay someone else to kill them, it's all good like wtf are vegans talking about. Dude, I need mah protein.

And come on, it tastes good, taste is certainly a good reason to support a holocaust.

/s

Incredible that I used to think like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2017
  11. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

Did you know vegetables are bitter to discourage predation and fruit is sweet to encourage predation? In other words we are not meant to eat vegetables. Of course we have discovered to cook them though, which can make them more plesant, but naturally they have these certain taste compounds to discourage predators to consume them. I don't know if you know anything about biology, but the intended goal is for animals to eat fruits and for the animals to sh*t out the seeds, so the plant can spread, but vegetables don't have seeds, so they tend to produce bitter compounds.

Anyway I eat vegetables, but why the f*ck would I choose vegetables over meat ? and as has been mentioned before, many animals kill other animals to survive. Meat is food we are meant to consume. It doesn't matter that its dead body parts lol, who gives a f*ck they're meant to die. I know everything is wrong with the world and most of the industry is evil, but you can get ethnically raised meat.

Also theres essential nutrients in Meat that it's impossible or near impossible to get from plants so how do vegans explain that?

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. How are lentils, beans, and grains unhealthy? I know how oils and soy are but all I can find about lentils and beans is pseudoscience about lectin poisoning. can you please explain? Because I eat a lot of beans and grains to help me gain muscle and I wanna know if they are really bad for me. thanks!

13. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

In grains, lentils and beans, there is a compound called phytic acid which binds to Zinc, Magnesium, Maganese & Iron and stops absorption, leading to deficiencys. This is an issue as most people are deficient in Zinc & Magnesium and Iron demands are higher on a Vegan diet.
    Also a vegan diet is high in copper and low in Zinc, as the only good sources of Zinc is shellfish & red meat and pumpkin seeds, but I doubt every vegan eats these and they have to many unhealthly fats to be considered a good source. Anyway, Zinc & Copper work with each other and when you have low Zinc, your body can't get rid of excess copper, so you can get major inbalances and this is a very common cause of mental illnesses, as high copper can cause mental illness

Also when we eat Grains, Lentils & Beans our immune system detects the proteins as hostile invaders and starts producing anti bodies to attack the proteins, as our digestive system can't break down the individual proteins in Grains, Lentils & Beans into single amino acids. Which it can with the proteins in meat, so our anti bodies end up attacking our stomach linen & our intestinal track, causing a lot of problems which can lead to a lot of problems like leaky gut. Theres a reason people are gluten free, Grains etc are not human food and just because you are not gluten free doesn't mean it isn't bad. Our immune system still produces anti bodies, the reason you get gas from eating beans is our digestive system can't break them down. No one can fully digest Grains, Lentils & Beans.. They cause a lot of inflammation and inflammation is the cause of nearly every disease, including heart disease.

Grains, Lentils & Beans are not natural human food, we weren't able to go out and pick a grain in the hunter & gatherer days and eat it. Also they are way to high in carbs, so then we get the issue of blood sugar spikes & diabetes

Read these for more insight and feel free to ask other questions

https://paleoleap.com/what-is-wrong-with-grains/
    http://www.thesweetbeet.com/whole-grains/
    http://www.mendosa.com/blog/?p=282

14. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

@TheOneAndOnlyPastry You've been brain washed by the way if you think meat is the cause of heart diease, cancer, diabetes etc. You probably have no understanding of biochemistry and you're basing your opinions off vegan propoganda and studies that don't mean anything.

15. I'm not a vegan but I respect veganism. I'm kind of halfway there in a way because I avoid dairy. It doesn't agree with me anymore.

16. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Wut?

17. Sirkingington

Sirkingington Fapstronaut

I strongly believe that everyone should have the choice what they eat. If you want to eat meat go for it, if you have religious ideals that's fine, if you have moral ideals...go for it.
    But there are many good reasons for a vegan diet. The western diet is the worst in the world, it has the highest levels of heart disease, cancer rates and morbidity Compared to more eastern diets. Even compared to high rice Asian diets the disease rates are much higher on the west.
    Also animal agriculture, leaving the animal harm out of it, is terrible for the environment. It uses masses of water, takes huge areas of land and depletes it to arid is unusable paddocks. The volume of food used to feed stock could easily be repurposed to feed humans and solve many world hunger problems.

So feel free to follow whatever diet you want, but if you want that luxury let others do the same.

18. Amen

19. List the essential nutrients that I can't get from meat, please. The only thing I know of, and that I was lacking for a while accoring to blood test was B12. Easily fixed with a B12 pill.

And just so you know, the animals you eat also get B12 supplements in their foods.

Humans are not meat eaters since we can die from Vitamine A toxicity (only possible when getting too much Vitamine A from meat) and we can die from atherosclerosis. No other meat eater has that. Seems like a better argument than vegetables being bitter (?) and that we don't shit out the seeds from vegetables.

Animals killing animals, because they have to is no valid reason for us to do the same. We don't have to kill animals to survive.

"Who gives a fuck they're meant to die". Yeah, nihilism is great and will certainly make the world a better place. Let's just kill all dogs and cats we see, they are animals, meant to die.
    Pigs are smarter than dogs btw.
    It is impossible to produce meat ethically.

The thing is, people make this problem way too much about themselves, even though it is a problem that affects everybody.

If you don't care about animals dying needlessly, you are convinced that veganism is unhealthy (which it isn't if you move 3ft out of your echo chamber, I was like that too), then you may care about world hunger and the evironmental damage it causes.

But yeah, whatever, do what you want. Maybe you think differently about it in a couple years.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2017
  20. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

@UsualSuspect List the essential nutrients that I can't get from meat, please. The only thing I know of, and that I was lacking for a while accoring to blood test was B12. Easily fixed with a B12 pill.
    So you do need a B12 pill, you do know that is enough to prove that in fact we do need animal products, if theirs a nutrient you can't get from Vegan foods. Also is your B12 inorganic or organic? if its inorganic don't even bother taken it

Also you can not get EPA & DHA Omega 3 fatty acids. Theres ALA, but its so unefficenctly converted that it doesn't matter and there is no proper ratio of Omega 3/6 in a vegan diet, as vegan diets are high in Omega 6s. FYI Omega 6s outbalance Omega 3s, causing inflanamation and leading to heart diease and this is the true reason why heart diease is common. Its from excess Omega 6s and this is because americans don't have a diet high in saturated fat, its high in Omega 6 Polyunsaturated fat, as all the processed and fried food is cooked in Vegetable oils and these toxic vegetable oils are ruining peoples health. It always makes me laugh when people say to avoid fried and processed foods because there often high in saturated fat, yet nothing is fried in a saturated fat based oil these days, so it makes no sense.

Anyway, Zinc. The RDI is 15mg, but this is fucking low. Another fact, RDI were created in WW1 when they were rationing out food, these RDI are to prevent deficiency, not to enhance optimal health. Zinc is needed to remove excess copper from the body, which vegan diets are high in. Zinc intake should be 30mg, more for males, maybe up to 50 if you are a young active male. The most potent Zinc source on a Vegan diet is pumpkin seeds with 6mg per cup. This isn't nearly enough and youd be getting to many unhealthy fats from the seeds for it to be worth it. Whole grains contain phytate, which binds to Zinc, as I've mentioned before, and the amount of Zinc in grains anyway is rubbish.

Also CLA (a fatty acid) is only found in meats, plus there's certain amino acids & compounds essential for optimal health, especially brain health. These all lack in the vegan diet, Creantine & Taurine are 2 examples

And just so you know, the animals you eat also get B12 supplements in their foods.

I only eat meat from pasture raised animals, I refuse to eat grain fed, so no there is no B12 Supplement in my food, its found in the grass, which herbivores can convert to an active form. We cannot convert B12 into its active form from plants, its only a analog

Humans are not meat eaters since we can die from Vitamine A toxicity (only possible when getting too much Vitamine A from meat) and we can die from atherosclerosis. No other meat eater has that. Seems like a better argument than vegetables being bitter (?) and that we don't shit out the seeds from vegetables.

Now you are just pulling information out of your ass. Vitamin A toxicity is also caused by Vitamin D deficency, as Vitamin D is essential to keeping Vitamin A at safe levels. Seeing as most people don't get in the sun. Vitamin A toxicity is usually caused by Megadose supplements of people that are already Vitamin D deficent. Also the amount needed for toxicity is very high, you need about 100,000 IU everyday over an extended period of time. This is heaps, no one gets this amount of Vitamin A everyday. Also where did you get the information that no other meat eater gets Vitamin A. I don't believe that is true. Vitamin A wouldn't be able to build up to toxic levels in Wild Animals, because I don't know if you know anything about the wild, but Animals in the wild don't have the luxury to eat everyday and they're not taken megadose supplements, so in fact a meat eater animal could get Vitamin A toxicity if they were fed polar bear livers everyday for a extended period of time. Your argument is very one sided, I think you need to look more into this, rather then just perching bullshit that you have no knowledge about. I'm just saying facts, just because humans are cruel and the animal industry is evil, doesn't make you right. Even eating standard beef liver regulary isnt enough to get Vitamin A toxicity. Also the reason you can't get Vitamin A toxicity from plants, is because most of it can't be converted into its active form. You obviously know no biochemistry. Retional (Vitamin A from animals) is the active form in our body. Beta carotene is only an antioxidant. Did you know that half of the population have a gene that can't convert any Beat carotene into the active form and the other half can only convert about 13%. Explain this??? We do need Vitamin A from meat

Animals killing animals, because they have to is no valid reason for us to do the same. We don't have to kill animals to survive.

We need meat for optimal health, we cannot live on seeds of grasses
    "Who gives a fuck they're meant to die". Yeah, nihilism is great and will certainly make the world a better place. Let's just kill all dogs and cats we see, they are animals, meant to die.
    Pigs are smarter than dogs btw.
    It is impossible to produce meat ethically.

Killing pets is a lot different then killing animals for food. Id never consider a cow or a pig as a pet, it just can't compare

The thing is, people make this problem way too much about themselves, even though it is a problem that affects everybody.

If you don't care about animals dying needlessly, you are convinced that veganism is unhealthy (which it isn't if you move 3ft out of your echo chamber, I was like that too), then you may care about world hunger and the evironmental damage it causes.

How come besides most fruits & vegetables then vegan foods are so unhealthy e.g. Soy, Grains, Beans, Vegetable Oils & Legumes. These are stables in most vegans diets. Maybe you need to move out of your 3ft echo chamber. There's a reason humans can't digest grains, lentils & beans. We haven't adapted to eat them, because they're not human food. Soy stunts growth in teenage boys, causes breast cancer in women and causes infertility, this is because of the naturally occurring phytoestrogens. Isn't Soy a stable Vegan food.

But yeah, whatever, do what you want. Maybe you think differently about it in a couple years.

Highly doubt it. Not going to believe some bullshit propaganda, how about you research better and stop acting like you know everything

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    pranav02 likes this.