1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Veganism and the Bible

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Hey what's going on guys. Today I'm gonna expose some things about the Bible and how it's God's will for his followers to be vegetarian, and why I believe that meat eaters will not enter heaven. This is my opinion, so please don't take offense to anything that I write here

First off let's start with the Old Testament animal sacrifices, we already know that the Torah (laws of Moses) contains laws concerning animal sacrifice. For example Numbers 15:27 (27) And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And there's alot more laws in it that tell you to sacrifice animals, supposedly God commanded this to the Israelites.

But there are also alot of scriptures that say that God never commanded the Israelites to offer and kill animals in his name. For example Jeremiah 7:22 (22) For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. And also Psalms 40:6 (6) Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. More scriptures that speak against animal sacrifice: Exodus 20:13, Isaiah 1:11, Jeremiah 7:22, Isaiah 66:3, Hosea 6:6, Matthew 9:13, Micah 6:6-8, Psalms 40:6, Isaiah 22:12-13, Hosea 4:6-13.

So which one is it? Did God tell his followers to sacrifice animals or not? Because Malachi 3:6 says that God never changes, so it has to be one or the other.

The truth is that the Old Testament law has been edited by scribes and pharisees. Jeremiah 8:8 (8) How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain. The original Hebrew word for vain there means "falsehoods, deception". The scribes and pharisees edited in the animal sacrifice laws!

In another document called the Clementine Recognitions (a book which contains the teachings of Apostle Peter) it is stated that animal sacrifices were never part of God's law. Moses only allowed it for a time because the Israelites still wanted to do it after getting out of Egypt. Animal sacrifice was a pagan ritual that they partook in while in Egypt. Clementine Recognitions book 1 chapter 36.

It makes alot of sense to me honestly. God loves his creation. He doesn't want us to kill animals and especially not in his name.

So now that I have exposed that, I can expose why eating meat is wrong and most likely gonna get alot of people in hell.

In Genesis 1:29 and Genesis 1:30 God says that he created humans and animals to eat plants, not meat. Genesis 1:29 (29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Then later in Genesis 9:3 God says that he's cool with people eating meat. But that cannot be true, because according to Malachi 3:6 God never changes, so when did he change on human eating policies?

The answer is never. Humans were created to be vegan, not to eat meat. How does that even go along with Exodus 20:13 which tells you thou shalt not kill? It doesn't. The Roman Catholic Church has edited the Bible to make it look like eating meat is cool with God when it's not.

Have you ever wondered when humans even started to eat meat? Because even after Adam and Eve fell from the garden of Eden they were vegan. The first ones to eat meat were the nephilim, according to the book of Enoch chapter 7:11-14. Also the Clementine Homilies book 8 chapter 25 and chapter 26 say the same. Mankind only started eating meat after the nephilim first did it.

So, I can almost 100% say that you will not go to heaven if you eat meat. God loves his creation, he doesn't want you to exploit it and kill it just so you can have steak for dinner. The Bible was edited. The Romans edited it so they could continue to eat meat and tell others to do the same. It's evil.

That's everything I have to say pretty much, post your thoughts below, please be respectfull & thanks for reading y'all

2. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

What would you say for us guys who have been eating meat since we are children?

I know for myself, I feel kind of weird if I don't eat meat for an extended amount of time. My body is literally more used to eating meat than PMO. PMO started around age 13. I was being fed meat since I first began to eat solid food.

Do you advise a detox? Or is it just a psychological thing?

DutchGuy_ likes this.
  3. I think you should give your body more time to adjust. Offcourse your body will get used to the nutrients that meat provide if you've been eating it your entire life. When I first wanted to stop I started by only eating meat every week or 2 weeks or so, then I stopped eating meat at all, and then I stopped consuming milk and eggs and all the products that use them. Even while doing it in steps like that there were times where I felt super tired due to my body having to adjust but I didn't quit and now I feel great and am alot healthier than before. When you feel bad it usually means that your body is in the process of adjusting to your new eating patterns.

So yeah my advice is just to take it slowly, don't make it too hard for yourself and don't give up and you will eventually feel great.

jcl1990 likes this.
  4. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

okay, thanks for the tips. I’ll have to truly treat this as weaning off a drug, like a long term drug addiction. Slowly less and less meat, then slowly less and less animal products.

if you don’t mind answering another question, what all do you eat? What are your protein sources? Or what does a daily set of meals look like for you?

DutchGuy_ likes this.
  5. Yeah no problem I'm glad I can help

I mostly eat bread, some fruits and nuts, and also some processed food. For breakfast and lunch I eat like 5 slices of bread, during the day I eat some processed food like a granola bar, and some nuts, and a fruit (banana or oranges mostly). For dinner I cook some mashed potatoes and before sleeping I eat some more nuts and a few slices of bread.

This gives me around 80g of protein per day. It's enough for me to feel good and I'm still gaining muscle when working out. You really don't need animal proteins or high amounts of protein to build muscle.

jcl1990 likes this.
  6. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

wow, that is really interesting what you eat… especially so much bread! I never would have thought you could be so healthy by just eating a lot of bread haha, plus some nuts and other things like you said

okay, well you have given me some inspiration, thank you

DutchGuy_ likes this.
  7. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

One more question I have.. what about all the stuff online that says if you don’t eat animal products, then you aren’t getting enough of certain nutrients such as vitamin B12.

this whole idea of “not getting enough nutrients”, is this a lie?

I’ve read on some other vegan websites that they take a vitamin B12 supplement.

I can easily believe that everything I’ve been taught about food since childhood is a lie. Just like the milk commercials when I was younger about needing milk to build strong bones. That was a lie I’m pretty sure

DutchGuy_ likes this.
  8. I think it's a lie made to sell more meat and vitamin B12 supplements. The food industry and pharmacy industry lies all the time to make more money. If you think about it it's really easy to make alot of money by convincing people they will need supplements / medicine for the rest of their life.

I've never had vitamin B12 problems ever and all of the people that I know that are vegan never had any either. So yeah I think you don't really need to take vitamin B12 honestly. I hope this helps

jcl1990 likes this.
  9. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

"The Catholic Church edited the Bible!!!" You don't actually believe in the Bible. You believe in what you want and reject the rest. The truth is, the Catholic Church did not edit the Bible. We have 6,000+ manuscripts in the Greek, and none of them tell you to be vegan. The New Testament quotes the Old Testament, which does not tell you to be vegan. How did the Church edit the Bible? When?
    I've thought about veganism for a long time because it is an emotional subject to me. I came to the conclusion that Jesus thinks it's okay to eat meat, and that my emotion are fallible. It's a complicated subject, but I've come to accept Jesus.

jcl1990 likes this.
  10. There is literally tons of evidence for emperor Constatine compiling the Bible in 325 AD. It's called the council of Nicaea. He wanted to create a new pagan religion to unite all the pagan religions in Rome aka Christianity. That's why theres so many pagan influences and belifs in the Bible aswell like virgin birth, winter solstice birth, easter, etc. All of these can be traced back to paganism. Meat eating belongs to it aswell

So, I'm not really trying to justify what I want, I'm using my common sense. Like can you really imagine Jesus telling us that it's okay to kill an animal in cold blood so we can feel good by eating it? Can you imagine God creating beings that can feel pain and have emotions etc. and then being okay with us killing them? God gave you common sense and a conscience so you might aswell use them and listen to them.

I find it very interesting that apparently you knew eating animals was bad and you still attribute someone who was more humane than you as finding it okay to eat meat

jcl1990 likes this.
  11. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

Referencing a book generally while stating that the book itself is edited in unknown ways makes any point too tenuous. A great number of arguments can be made if I am willing to change, add, or remove a few words here or there. Alcohol is bad! here check out this and this verse proving my point! But you say verse y and x verse says the opposite? HA! the scribes and pharisees threw that in for their own benefit!

See what I mean? The majority of Christian sects and scholars within see the book as an a divine and intentional whole unit. Any discrepancies, to those with this viewpoint, are not discrepancies. It just means that you have to synthesize the two seemingly conflicting parts. Their is boatloads of scholarship and writing on this. Just look up any list of errors in the bible, and then follow up with a search of any particular error. There is an explanation, often very thorough, logical, and believable, explaining why the two parts do not actually disagree when put in full context.

That's all the bible end of things. What i am more curious of however, is, how do you explain animals? Many animals are omnivores or carnivores. Why or how could God, a loving God, make such a world that 'God creating beings that can feel pain and have emotions etc. and then being okay with [other animals] killing them?'

I've grappled with the thought myself. I observe nature and my own conscience. I do not feel like eating meat in particular is a terrible thing. I do however believe we should have a great respect and compassion for the animals whom we receive meat and other products such as milk, eggs, honey, etc from. If I am to eat an animal, I want to do what is in my power to ensure that the animal had lived a healthy and fulfilling life, and that it was killed with compassion, which in my opinion is cleanly, quickly, not exacerbating pain in the process. Done away from it's family and friends, because they absolutely do have an emotional response to their kin's harm and distress.

That said, that is a very stringent guideline, that virtually no meat producer truly follows. as such, I mostly eat eggs. I buy the more costly one's whom I've researched to be true in giving it's birds a certain quality of life. If I do buy meat, I only buy pasture raised, preferably simply hunted from the wild of a species that is not in decline. This costs more, and it should. If the cost of efficiency and affordability of meat is mass animal suffering, then i should not pay that cost. Do unto others as you would have done to yourself....Would I want to be hunted? haha, what a question. either way, that's my current viewpoint.

12. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

There are many myths about the Council of Nicaea. Constantine was actually an Arian. The Bible was not compiled at Nicaea.
    videos: (1, 2, 3)
    Papyrus 4 contains passages about Christ's birth, well before Christianity was legal in the Roman Empire. All scholars agree that the New Testament was written in the First Century.
    Christmas traditions (including the date)
    Easter

Last edited: May 17, 2022