1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

(Venting) Sometimes not having a gf makes me depressed...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by wheelgauge, Apr 7, 2020.

1. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

...Not to brag myself, but I'm pretty decent, smart, outgoing, got hobbies, love to read books... So what is it? I'm not ugly. I know it. I've ignored this issue during my early teenage years, but as a couple of years went by and I finished school, this problem came to light. What can I do?

2. nik_gws

nik_gws Fapstronaut

Same here brother, but it's the actions that count ask 10 girls 9 might reject but 1 will definitely accept, you have got to make the move that's it.

wheelgauge likes this.
  3. Your Attitude , It sounds like you have some very positive stuff going on, so whats stopping you? Well with the limited amount you wrote i can only guess the following
    - You DONT ASK THEM OUT or you overthink doing that, or your waiting for them to ask you out which hardly ever happens to often or ever
    - You put women on a pedestal as perfect - which not true NO ONE IS PERFECT no matter how built they are
    - Your a people pleaser which definitely turns women off ,THEY WANT YOU TO BE REAL NOT A FAKE SPINELESS PEOPLE PLEASER

You tell me does any of the above sound familiar ?

blookes and wheelgauge like this.
  4. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Sometimes the first one... You're right, I've got some interesting things happening, but there are times when this issue seems to 'shadow' everything. Thanks both of you. I'm gonna turn this thing around.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

This feeling is random... Somedays I just ignore it, but there are times when it strikes me. Better ocupy myself.

6. lovestraunaut

lovestraunaut Fapstronaut

Absolutely, I had the exact same problem. Within three months of actively putting myself out there and making an effort to ask out a girl I liked, I am in a very happy relationship. Also, before taking this decision I noticed how much of a people pleaser I was and made active efforts to change my personality.

Your opinion's on point, based on my personal experience as well.

wheelgauge and Deleted Account like this.
  7. lovestraunaut

lovestraunaut Fapstronaut

It's okay to feel this way I guess. I was the only single guy in all of my Friends' circle for a really long time. It felt pretty fuckall.

For me what helped was to acknowledge this feeling, not judge it and treat it like any other problem. What's the best I can do to solve this problem now? (i.e what's the best I can do to get a girlfriend?). I tried to give more time to this girl I liked. Tried spending more time with her. When I felt she reciprocated the attention, I asked her out.

Just keep trying your best without obviously sacrificing your career or other relationships/friendships over it.

When you do find the right person, you'll realise that she was worth the wait.

wheelgauge likes this.
  8. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Amen to that. Thanks.
    Yeah. I really need to solve it. These thoughts keep torturing me. I don't see myself as a "people pleaser", is just this difficulty to show attitude.