1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Vicious cycle of inexperience

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by kölschejung, Jul 23, 2016.

1. kölschejung

kölschejung New Fapstronaut

Hey guys,
    just found this forum and signed up in a heartbeat and I want to share my story I've been struggeling with for the past years...

When I was 17 I met my first love and first girlfriend. However, she was sexually abused as a child and was scared of sexual activity. I respected that because I was happy with her. After almost 2 years (and still no real sex) she broke up because she always had the fear I was cheating on her because I was not satisfied.

This was the time I finished school and I backpacked through Europe. I met some really nice girls but apart from making out there was no one-night stands etc because I'm so fucking insecure (because I don't know "how you do it").

When I came back from my trip I immediately started studying in a big city, this was 1 year ago. I'm now a 21 y/o male without any sexual experience and this is driving me crazy because there have been so many occasions where it would led to sex but I cancelled because I was scared I embarrass myself (e.g. 1 month ago a girl I was sexting with prior came to my place, things started after we did eat dinner and then I bailed saying I was not in the mood, wtf...). I really don't know what to do. I tell myself I wait for the right girl, she will understand blabla but after 1 year it's still the same. Due to my university schedule and my 2 jobs I don't have that much time to get to know many girls, all I want to be is a sexually normal functioning person (some time ago was a dinner party from my workplace, a co-worker was clearly interested to hang out after the party but I didn't even try and just ignored her because I'm so depressed about my own insecruities).

I have no one to talk to. All my friends (even my sister etc) thinks I'm not a virgin anymore because I was 2 years with my ex (she didn't want to tell about her abuse). What can I do? Will a girl notice that I inexperienced with sex or can I fake it? Should I fake it? I'm really depressed, sad and whatnot.

Gruß,
    M.

2. iceman40

iceman40 Fapstronaut

I think the problem you have is in your head and maybe you think too much about the situation. I'm twice as your age and I wish I did sleep with more girls when I had the chance back then. Here's what I think of life and this is my own personal experience: you have to experience sex with a lot of different people so you're familiar with what you want and what you don't want. I think marrying before the age of 30 is very risky because of the high divorce rate. As a lot of amazing women out there but are you guys compatible and all forms of life? For me I'm a morning person and when I get up in the morning I'm energized and I want to have sex. If the woman is not a morning person and I have been with a few, if you touch them in the morning they become really angry. Yet at 11 PM at night their vibrant and full of life and they want to have sex but I'm too sleepy to do anything.
    If I was in your shoes I would try to have as much sex as possible. You're going to school, your young, and you have many attractive women around you in school. When she got a college women are not the same. Most don't have college experience, some have kids, there's a lot of crazies out there, and other stuff not worth talking about.
    Whenever I think too much in my head I tell myself stop it. Because in reality it doesn't exist outside my head.
    Good luck with everything and have a great time.

3. harold74

harold74 New Fapstronaut

I'm reminded of a quote from the late 1990's movie American Pie where a main character was angsting about loosing her virginity

Vicky: I want it to be the right time, the right place...
    Jessica: It's not a space shuttle launch, it's SEX

And it's true. It's "just" sex. From someone who lost their virginity at 27 and am now 42, I wonder if you are having the same problem I had. I think you are looking for someone to give you permission to have sex - not fall in love - just have sex. For me, it was being raised by women (my single mother and sister), where male issues were something to be ashamed of and tucked away. It was only until I was older when my mom was actually dating that she admitted a "high sex drive ran in our family". I wish she would have told me that when I was 18 and not 30 - I could have worn my sexuality as a badge of pride instead of being ashamed by it.

So, if you think I'm onto something, think SUPER hard about who you actually need permission from. And either consciously realize that you don't actually need permission from anyone at all, or have a stiff drink and ask straight out.