Victory over self. Extreme transformation with Before and After pictures.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by 5even9ix, May 2, 2017.

1. 5even9ix

5even9ix Fapstronaut

Hello NoFap community!

I've been seeking to live a better life for 6 months. As I've reached streaks of differing lengths I've felt a great surge in motivation, drive and confidence.

My battle was against a horde of hellish addictions, not just the one. I was hooked on Internet surfing, YouTube, social media, TV shows, videogames, weed and tobacco... just to name a few. Instant gratification was my heroin. PMO was definitely the strongest demon I had to fight. I had such a thirst for that kind of high, I alienated myself from the outside world to live for it. Inside I was filled with apathy, anxiety and depression. My quality of life was terrifically low. The truth was taboo. I always ignored thoughts and feelings that would potentially help me admit the horrifying reality I was living.

Last summer I got truly lucky. My friends and family confronted me. They helped me accept reality. This was not a painless process, but I needed it more than anything. So I made the decision to completely turn my life around. NoFap was only the first step... it started out slow but steady. Each and every day an effort was made to improve myself. As constructive habits started replacing unhealthy ones I felt a refreshing flood of motivation and positive outlook on life. It got easier and easier to say no to urges and push my comfort zone. I was changing my life one habit at a time.

After completing 34 days hardmode I feel like I was reborn. Feeling victorious yet humble. I'm pretty sure the journey is only beginning now though... As promised I'm going to share before - after pictures. I think the transformation is visible and hopefully even inspiring.

[Before] - I was heavily into PMO, the smile is a mask. This is not me, just my shadow.
    [Day 14] - Taking cold showers to the next level and feeling great!
    [Day 60] - At the end of a long but rewarding day, proud of my accomplishment.
    [Day 75] - Jump roping on a blazing hot day, right after a good workout. No excuses.

When it seemed like my life isn't going anywhere I made a pact with the demon of unclean pleasures. I decided to throw my dreams and aspirations away for a few seconds of sensory satisfaction. You might be in a similar situation, but no matter how lost you are, no matter how dark everything seems right now, you always have a choice. I chose life, I chose self discipline, I chose love. And so can you right now, in this very moment. Go 30 days and I promise, you will be convinced. There'll be no stopping you after that. So GET AFTER IT!

I have great respect for all the people who have succeeded in one of the hardest campaigns of life, that of overcoming their addictions... you people are great. For all those who are still struggling, my best wishes and love goes out for you. If you need an extra push, check out two of the most inspirational and authentic modern teachers, Jocko Willink and Jordan Peterson. My last words are accept your current situation, take ownership, set realistic goals and go out on the attack...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. Damn boy! You be glowing from the inside out! Happy for your progress my friend :)

3. Absolutely fantastic and encouraging. I like your approach to this-measured and intentional growth. Keep it up.

4. 5even9ix

5even9ix Fapstronaut

Hahaha, thank you my friend! :) All the best to you!

5. 5even9ix

5even9ix Fapstronaut

I appreciate the positive feedback! I'll do my best to keep doing hard mode at least until I reach 90 days.

6. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Lovely .

7. Your words are very thoughtful and encouraging. Thanks for the motivation and keep it going, you are doing great.

8. The Prince of Persia

The Prince of Persia Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing your inspirational story!

9. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

I really enjoyed reading it. Its very inspirational.

plant goodness and 5even9ix like this.
  10. Alyx87

Alyx87 Fapstronaut

This is amazing.

Congratulations on your success!

The calendar is a very interesting study and I'm sure it's been invaluable to your success by helping understand what leads to a relapse. The cycle of urge->peeking->relapse is common. It looks like further into the journey you would break the cycle after the urge. That's what all of us have to learn to do. Congratulations yet again, such an inspiring story!

11. 5even9ix

5even9ix Fapstronaut

Thank you guys so much! I read all your comments and I really appreciate them. I wish I had time to reply to all, but I'm really grateful for your words.

It makes me genuinely happy if I can inspire someone! If you are struggling, I promise you, if you just do NoFap for 30 days and humble yourself a little bit (not expecting to feel super saiyan at day 2), if you can stay true to yourself for a full month and make efforts to improve your quality of life, you will see why it's so worth it. And I doubt you'll ever want to go back to the old ways we all know too well... I sure don't see myself falling back. This journey gave me so much strenght, that even if all things went south, I'd have the discipline to keep my hands out of my pants.

Love you all, have a great day!

12. Nice man! Good inspirational stuff. Stay strong further!

13. PlasticBoy

PlasticBoy Fapstronaut

14. Damn man! :):cool:
    Good work!
    That was inspirational.

David0895, Phong, 5even9ix and 2 others like this.
  15. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Fapstronaut

This is truly inspirational my friend. You don't have any idea how it encourages people like me who are starting from the bottom. Absolutely amazing!

5even9ix and plant goodness like this.
  16. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Just wow @ that avatar.

Please tell me that's you in 20 years...

5even9ix likes this.
  17. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

@PlasticBoy If you didn't take a time machine or lie PM me and let's fix what's going on in that picture.

SnowWhite and 5even9ix like this.
  18. PlasticBoy

PlasticBoy Fapstronaut

Whats going on? I dont get it lmao

19. fapstraunaut90

fapstraunaut90 Fapstronaut

Really inspiring man... Keep it up

5even9ix likes this.
  20. theends

theends Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks for sharing your progress. The calendar is a great idea... very helpful post!