1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Vital Connections

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

If your life is on a slippery slope that you are constantly sliding down, you would be wise to make the connection to what you need to do to stop those actions.

I wanted to increase the blessing in my life, so I have started to meditate on scripture consistently by memorizing verses and focusing on them. I have connected this meditation on God's Word (based on Psalm 1) with increasing that blessing.

Many will say – that's not for me. But, they may not be connecting meditating on scripture with their desire to change their thinking, get filled with the Spirit, change how their emotions rule them, or change a dozen other things we talk about here at Nofap. But, they are connected. When we focus on a new skill we are uncomfortable with, we make fast progress.

Today's focus is not to try to force you to memorize scripture. The focus is to talk about what we all do. We focus more on prayer, or on obedience, love, or whatever. We also focus less on some things that we should focus on (some of those same things). Today, we should all consider doing a self-exam to discover... what are they always writing about on Nofap that I just don't do? Is there a connection to how my life is folding out because of that?

If you want to quit P faster, you should be reading today's ideas and you should be focusing on certain ideas that were vital to you from past articles. If you want to quit P faster consider memorizing that last sentence. Consider praying:

“Father, please show me what articles to focus on repeatedly.”

Second, maybe you don't care about blessing or memorization. You just want to get self-control. But there is a connection between meditating on scripture and self-control.

Maybe you are focused on being filled with the Spirit. But there is a connection between meditating on scripture and being filled with the Spirit. Consider praying:

“Father, please show me what is connected to the things that I am working on. Show me the skills that I need to focus on.”

Last, always increase the skill of turning aggressively from lust. Be prepared, always practice it, always focus on it, always pray about it, and always do it. Because there is a huge connection between what we want in life and running from sin.

CPilot and Tao Jones like this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Viacharacter.org noted: “Prudence means being careful about your choices, stopping and thinking before acting. It is a strength of restraint. When you are prudent, you are not taking unnecessary risks, and not saying or doing things that you might later regret. If you are high in prudence, you are able to consider the long-term consequences of your actions.”

#1 Being careful. What do you keep feeding into your phone? A-I will spit back out what you keep clicking on. I am a YouTube watcher. I try to never click on things like bikini girls or, sexy movie stars because if I do, YouTube will keep recommending them to me.

#2 Stopping and thinking before acting. Wrong acting gives darkness for the week and maybe the month. Wrong acting gives unknown destruction, but there will be some. Wrong acting steals your chance at joy, purpose, peace and many other things. Consider having a few “Stop and think,” notes in places where you often are.

#3 Strength of restraint. Try saying 100 times daily for the next two days:
    “I can stop. I will stop.”

Simply repeating it increases our restraint and determination.

#4 Long-term consequences. Doing things God's way causes great long-term consequences. Doing things satans way involves short-term fun and disastrous long-term consequences. Consider which one leads to a great life.

Finally, consider making habits that involve prudence. It is a wise decision.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Yesterday, I had a really rotten day. Today started out just as poorly. As an emergency measure, I made scripture a huge priority. I had 6 printouts of Bible verses on my bed and I read every one of them. Then I put on the audio Bible of the Psalms and listened to 7 of them.

One of the verses was 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Today I was strongly insulted. Paul said to delight in insults so that Christ's power may rest on me. Today I delighted in the insults. Today I had hardships, I rejoiced so that I would not deny Christ's power. Today I had persecutions, and difficulties. I tried to use a completely Biblical route to solve them.

The results were not what I expected. I thought this solution would help me survive the hurricane. Instead, some of the verses came to life for me and my day started to turn around (which was completely impossible). Quickly, solutions came to me about very complex problems. Just as importantly, I realized that I was not fighting the person who it appeared that I was fighting with. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [a]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”

Second, even if the other person is 90% wrong, we are usually not perfect either. When we dig into scripture we start to realize our lack of perfection, and the scripture prompts us to change. And when we humbly are willing to do things God's way, we make a vital connection to God. Reading His Word is a vital connection. Straining to do what it says causes a vital connection. Praying about doing what It says causes a vital connection.

Finally, all of that scripture caused me to focus on this verse:

“2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”

God has important things for us to do today. But if satan can knock us down anytime he wants, that is what he will continue to do. Instead, attack him back with scripture. He would rather leave you alone instead of hearing scripture.