1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting in line - and who's keeping us down?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by R2DToy, Nov 30, 2019.

1. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

Hiya. Don't you guys think it's kind of ridiculous that we have to wait in line for about pretty much anything?

I think we're all just getting 'used' to it, even though we don't like it! It's ridiculous!

You go out to a bar, and you have to be lucky or 'compete' like a bunch of hyenas to get a drink from the barman. I mean, I'm going there, with my friends, to actually BRING money to them so they can make a profit off of me, and yet I stand there waiting and being frustrated in an overly crowded place.

I should be served immediately instead. As soon as I approach the cashier, they should be ready to handle business as soon as I so much look at them. Same goes for the supermarket. The pharmacy. It's all waiting. You go there with your wallet, you made all that effort to get there yet you wait in line with other people who are also bringing money to that business.

Sure, I understand businesses want to make a profit. And I understand the mindset of an entrepreneur. Hell, I even understand why a billionaire wants more while he's already got.. you know, billions. Yet we all accept this.

And that brings me to my next subject (read: rant). Are we all deliberately being put down as to not being able to compete with todays big businesses. Or simple freedom at all. So basically all of this is 'in place' in order to eliminate us as soon as we form a threat to any big business, not to mention a free life.

This includes, but not limited to :)P);

* Keeping us occupied with mindless 'entertainment' and scary news
    * Keeping us busy with waiting in lines and creating competition with what should be 'your fellow man'
    * Keeping us down by having to go to work - resulting in depression and tiredness
    * Keeping us supressed through meds we think we need to counter the point above
    * Keeping us poor by setting prices low enough to afford it, but high enough to keep you poor.

Your thoughts..

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Ah yes, lines.

I don't have fond memories of them.

Deleted Account and marr708 like this.
  3. I personally don’t mind as being British I’m used to it, not to mention we’re honestly brilliant at queuing up.

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Sound like there is some dencency in there. Here everyone does anything to get in first than everyone else: The young use their elder as free passes, the pregnant use their babies as free passes, the common crime use their guns and knives as free passes.

0hZdWB3.jpg

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    lines after lines an held up traffic, i was thinking about that last week how it makes me feel like im just part of cattle being herded, its not to long now that i well be standing in a line waiting to be next to have a bolt shot in my head,

6. Yeah that's bullshit. You're better off just going to another bar if that's happening.

7. We can usually wait for a long time. There’s memes on it but really we’re not only used to it, but also seem to behave ourselves. If there’s no proper queuing station, we’ll make our own without being told.

We operate on a first come first serve basis, so if you queue skip or try to cut in bloody hell, you'll regret it. This is especially true when there’s sales or if the line is already really long. Foreigners have a hard time with this concept, but if they want to live or visit here they have to adapt to our culture.

8. I've noticed here like at Walmart and other stores they only have two checkers open. Almost force you to self check out

swordsman163 likes this.
  9. Well I think your post has some valid discussion points. Here are my thoughts:

-Waiting in line is part of reality and helps build character.

Instant gratification makes for softies and we have too many of those already. Get in line, wait your turn, and build up that important character trait of patience.

Stores, restaurant, other places of business can’t make life easy for everyone by having instant service. It’s not realistic.

-“Big Money” and you didn’t mention “Big Government” deliberately squashing the little guy and keeping them (us) down.

Hell yes this is happening!

Not happy about it of course. But I make the best out of what I have. Life over all is good so I really shouldn’t complain. Could be worse.

10. I love self check out, it’s not only more convenient but also makes it really quick to get out of shops.

The Tesco was redesigned here, at checkout it’s machines first (like 12 of them) and cashiers to the left. It’s a much faster process and seems to be working out quite well for them.

11. You're right Bo Peep. It is convenient, but if you have a basket full, a checker is the better option. If you've got a few items self checkout is the way to go

The ones here always have problems though like you hit a snag and an employee has to come over to help, or they don't take cash

swordsman163 likes this.
  12. Ah, I’ve always gone through there no matter the amount I had, I don’t like the whole cashier thing so even close to a shopping cart full run I try to do that quickly (to not hold up others).

Mine has problems too, but it doesn’t take long for them to come over and fix whatever the problem is.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019
    Hold it in likes this.
  13. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i dont like self check out, i like interacting with the cashiers

Coffee Candy and Hold it in like this.
  14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

This is ridiculous! So what do you propose instead of queuing? You think all the customers should have a massive fight to decide who get served first? No, queuing is the best solution. Don't like it? Shop online.

15. I personally think there’s not enough self check out, I’ve honestly been avoiding going to the shops that don’t have it if I can help it. Interacting with people is one of the most draining things to do.