1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting is Awful

A place for rebooters to meet and discuss 12-Step programs in conjunction with their reboot

1. iansinphiladelphia

iansinphiladelphia Fapstronaut

Getting current while I wait for a coworker to get back so we can get coffee. I need to get out of my current headspace and go for a walk or something but I'm trying not to miss some time with other people. So i'm spending some time reading and sharing with people on this website. I had a pretty awful meeting last night.

My closed group decided it would be appropriate to let a child join and this kid just so happens to go to school with my daughter. So, we were discussing on what we should do in the future. Needless to say, it seems like my group is going off the rails. Which is unfortunate because there are not many groups where I live. In fact there is only one physical meeting I can attend. I do find solace in telemeetings but I had felt camaraderie until this thing with the kid took place.

Up until this point, I had forgotten that I was supposed to work on gratitude today. So i'm grateful for this group because it allowed me a moment of introspection.

All the best

2. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I am torn on the child issue as this person does deserve to have a place to discuss these issues. Is a 12-Step meeting the place to do so? It's reasonable to say letting children into a group which may house child molesters some day is not a good idea.

The best to you iansin, losing sight of gratitude can be an easy thing.

3. Gratefulforchange

Gratefulforchange Fapstronaut

This is a tough one. Anyone younger than 18 does NOT belong in an S meeting. Period. It's not good for the child or the group. People need to feel comfortable and safe and I wouldn't feel safe with a kid there.
    Any chance for another vote? Could you contact intergroup and ask for help? I don't understand an S group allowing children to visit. It doesn't make sense.
    Keep us in the loop man. I would like to hear what happens.

In the mean time, keep sharing here if it helps!