1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Want To Be A Leader? Be A Peasant First

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rodrigov600, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Rodrigov600

Rodrigov600 Fapstronaut

Rain or shine, my company's president and CEO continually amazes me.

Being an older man around his 60s with an attitude of getting things done no matter what, he takes matters into his own hands.

Even though he wears professional looking attire, he'll get off his chair and walk downstairs to the yard area and join his hourly wage workers in the trenches.

You have this multi-millionaire next to $20 an hour workers. We are talking about a man that owns multiple locations across the US and vacations in Hawaii.

He'll hop on a forklift and start moving big ass bales around with ease. If he spots a mountain of mixed recyclable goods, he will be the first one to get into the muck.

Being a man that continually wants to be better, I couldn't help but ask myself.

I always claim to want to be an alpha. I do shit to make the future a better place. But I do that shit from the comfort of my zone.

What in my world can constitute being in the trenches with my fellow men? How can I not just talk the talk, but also walk the walk.

I stream on the daily, but I do it from the comfort of my desk.

(https://www.twitch.tv/s1lentsurv1vor 5:30 PM PST - We talk about this kind of shit)

What can I as a man do to be in the trenches with my girlfriend? What can I do to be in the trenches with my fellow co-workers? What can I do to be in the trenches with my family?

I thought about it. My girl washes dishes everyday. It's her pet peeve but she does it for me.

She cleans the house. She makes the bed. She feeds my ass.

What can I do? I got my answer.

All through the past weekend I washed dishes. She was surprised but she was happy. We cut a deal that we'd wash them together in the nights to prevent pile ups.

I cleaned the house and helped make dinner. Needless to say, we got more work done and she was a happier person. My reward? She can work on her business in her free time. This helps us make more money and making more money helps us put a roof over our head and food on the table. Financial freedom.

All this week I've been going out in the rain meeting with my fellow yard workers to kick ass along with the CEO. I work nowhere near the yard, I'm an office guy.

But goddamn if I could fill in some of history's greats and kick ass along with my fellow men, I will take it.

The effects are untold, specially within me. That feeling of being able to give even just a bit of my time and offer someone some relief is golden.

You can apply it in your own life, whether that be mom, dad, gf, wife, whatever it may be.

Being the best leader requires you to be in the trenches right along there with your men and women. It will earn their undying respect for having the balls to sacrifice for them.

And it adds good karma. We all can use some good karma in life.

God14 likes this.