1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to help a buddy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 13, 2019.

1. I got a buddy who's like a big teddy bear. 6'4" 250+ and pounds of fat. Really sweet guy. He's passed written tests for various law enforcement positions, but can't pass the physicals. He could if he lost some weight. He's also really shy around women. All these issues come down to his weight and physical fitness, in my opinion.

I think some form of NoFap would benefit him tremendously. We work at different agencies now so we text each other. Any ideas on how to introduce this site or the concept to him? We don't use any specific apps, just regular MMS group chats. I don't want to hurt his feelings and I don't want to creep him out. Has anyone beem successful in introducing NoFap to "normies?"

If this is all too vague, let me know and I'll fill in non-personally identifiable information.

2. What you can do is instead of advising him to do nofap, tell him about your nofap journey and experience (without pressuring him to follow your path). It will serve as an implicit invitation to join in. If he doesn't get it well that will be trickier.

dankestmemes and brilliantidiot like this.
  3. Great idea. I'll have to find the right timing for it because I really haven't told anyone IRL about this, not even my own wife.

4. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

Ya, I agree there. Just tell your own story. And if he seems to be interested, maybe tell him he should try it out. A little push can go a long way, if done carefully.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.