1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted: Training Partner

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Julian Baker, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hi there people,

So I've just taken on a big challenge. A very big challenge. I just weighed myself and was both shocked and extremely saddened that I now way a great big fuck off 15.8 Stone, or 220.lb. I should be 12.6 stone or 174 lbs, if not less."

Maybe it's only interesting timing, but as I cycled home after weighing myself at the chemist, I said to myself "Right, by then of June you need to have sorted this out.

It just so happens that that is exactly 100 days from today. That means I need to loose 1,470 calories each day for 100 days. I've also said I'd give myself a penny for each calorie burned with the possibility of being able to buy a new bed, laptop and cycle gear at the end of it.

So, is there anyone out there who would like to partner me in daily training?

just as a motivational thing. Posting each day that we did what we hoped to do. Congratulating each other. High fives and all that stuff. General support buddies that's all. It worked well once with someone else, so if there are any takers let me know.

I'd also be more than happy for a few people to join in.

All the best and hope to hear from someone, even if it's a no, but good luck. Yeah, I could do with a few of those...

Cheers

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  2. I’m going home Friday and plan on working out the whole month so I can share before and afters and we can talk.

3. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Also search kn youtube for good exercises, i recommend you athlean x

Candun likes this.
  4. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Oh, hell yeah. Count me in. I just started a new program to get ripped for pool season, should last 84 days so nearly the same length as your challenge. It’s on!

5. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

Let's do this! I've even pasted A4 Selfies of all my blubber. I look atrocious. Not a good look at all! I'm eager to get this sorted so glad you guys are on board.

FYI, I'm GMT time. My training sessions are:

AM: Stretch

Noon: Weights 20 mins+

PM: Cycle 1 - 2hrs depending

I'll need to do this at least 6 days a week whilst also watching on calorie intake. It's a delicate balance, but I'm up for the challenge

6. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

So, today was a good day, and so it should be given its just day two. Short weights session followed later by a long, but average-paced cycle. I feel good and looking forward to seeing how I feel in the a.m

Chris_Cactusblossom and Chug like this.
  7. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Today was an active rest day for me. Back at it tomorrow.

8. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

Yesterday started well, but by lunch time gradually spiralled out of control. I was on the usual downward trajectory of self-sabotage when at about 6pm I got strength from a voice telling me to "Get on your bike and cycle!"

I'd already had about 3 or 4 beers, so I fought the idea at first, but soon buckled to the pressure of my inner guide. I cycled at 20mph for an hour and ten, burning off 1500 calories. By the time I got back the demons had gone and I was nearly half a pound lighter.

Not a bad way to end a day like that!

What I'm finding most interesting at the moment is how un-motivated I'm feeling, yet I'm somehow managing to get up and out and do the things I know I need to be doing. To just stay active and lead as normal and regular and active a life as possible irrespective of all the crap that's going on within and around me.

Come on...Let's do this!

Chug and Chris_Cactusblossom like this.
  9. You're definitely on the right path to deep change, doing what you need to do even though it feels terrible. It's funny, too - I started to turn my shit around 3 years ago by cycling drunk as well! It was around midnight, I'd been stood up and was a few beers in, and I thought, "Fuck this - the time is now." Did a triathlon a few months later - it was great, and the good habits have stuck. Looking back, you forget how unbearable hard each step forward was, even though you certainly know it at the time!

Good things seem to be like that. You pay in full, up-front, then the good thing lasts. With bad stuff, you get the fun up-front, it's over quickly, and you can't afford the bill when it arrives.

Keep going!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2021
  10. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

That was really well put. Your words come at a very important time in my life. Very much appreciated!!

11. I’ll check in tomorrow when I get home

12. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Oh, Amen to that. You definitely forget the pain as time goes by.

Shoulders today, I always feel like I’m cheating when my workout ends before an hour! Legs and abs tomorrow is going to be brutal.

13. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

Go on Chug! Kick Ass Brother! Feeling knackered today, so easing into abs (if only you could see this beer belly). Gonna start the Athena program!

Chug likes this.
  14. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Finished legs and abs this morning, and because I am “not young”, I take two days off on the weekend. So I finish hard on Fridays with a biceps blast. I finished off with 150s for curls: basically you ladder up and down the rack, with your reps x weight equalling 150 (or another number you choose). So:
    Curl 30 reps with 5 lbs
    15 with 10 lbs
    10 with 15s
    8 with 20s (round up)
    6 with 25s
    5 with 30s
    ...and then go back. If you hate your life, go do it again.

15. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

I fucking loathe my life! :mad:

Lucky it's an amazing sunny day outside. I see a big two hour cycle after some strength training.

As for the age thing, I hear you. I'm 52 but still think I'm 22 till I wake up in the morning...

16. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

Come on man! Where are you!?

17. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Ahahaha, that is SO me. When I start my workout, I’m 29. When I finish, I feel every one of these 44 years and then some. Hope the cycling went well!

18. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

Great day yesterday. Ended up riding for 3 hours. There's something about cycling through London Town that I love. So much to see. The history! And now people are coming back out after a long lockdown.

What an insane past year it's been. What's it been like where you are?

Chug likes this.
  19. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

Hey Chug, why not join the Telegram group. Just use this link and connect!

https://t.me/joinchat/DMezagoojAs2ZDFh

20. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Joined! Oh, and back and bis today. Day 6.