1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Warning, read before you try SSRIs

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Jun 6, 2020.

1. I made this topic as I see many people who suffer from prolonged withdrawals, paws, and kindling often looking for help in the from of antidepressants. Please do your own search first about SSRIs's (antidepressants) long lasting side effects!

"What is post-SSRI sexual dysfunction?
    Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD) is an iatrogenic condition which can arise following antidepressant use, in which sexual function does not completely return to normal after the discontinuation of SSRIs, SNRIs and some tricyclic antidepressants [1, 2].

Some people develop sexual side effects on antidepressants which either remain in full, or don’t resolve completely, when the drug is stopped. For others, the condition only appears when they actually stop the medication, or begin to reduce the dosage.

PSSD affects both men and women. It can happen after only a few days exposure to an antidepressant and can persist for months, years, or indefinitely. There is no known cure.

Symptoms

Symptoms of PSSD can include:

• Reduced genital sensation / genital anesthesia
    • Erectile dysfunction / decreased vaginal lubrication
    • Delayed or inability to orgasm (anorgasmia)
    • Pleasureless, weak or “muted” orgasms
    • Decreased libido
    • Reduced response to sexual stimuli
    • Decreased or lack of nocturnal erections
    • Premature ejaculation
    • Reduced nipple sensitivity
    • Soft glans"
    Source: https://rxisk.org/post-ssri-sexual-dysfunction-pssd/

"The announcement came earlier this week. On June 11, the European Medicines Agency formally declared that it was recognizing Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) as a medical condition that can outlast discontinuation of SSRI and SNRI antidepressants."
    Source: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...xual-dysfunction-recognized-medical-condition

Sapiens and fedmom like this.
  2. I definitely believe in becoming educated about the pros and cons of SSRIs. I also think it’s wise to look at alternatives such as the natural Supplement 5-HTP that can enhance mood without the side effects of SSRIs (for some people at least). Anyone using natural mood enhancement supplements?

fedmom likes this.
  3. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

It can be increased with swear words as well. There is also St John's Wort and Kava but they're not "clean" supplements.

4. Your account name kinda triggering, I would change that if i were you!

5. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

No