1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

We Are More Than...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by HumblePilgrim, Nov 11, 2017.

1. HumblePilgrim

HumblePilgrim Fapstronaut

My friends,

I hope this message finds all of you well and in bright spirits. Inspiration struck me a little while ago as I was doing some reading, and I wanted to share the contents of that inspiration with all of you. May it be for our good that we can take solace not only in the words, but also in the works of our minds and hearts...we can and we will free ourselves of the excruciating snares which prevent us from having the peace and contentment we deserve...both of which were taken from us when we became addicted.

We are more than the sum of our fears and falls. Everyone fears and everyone falls. There is no one on the face of this earth who can honestly claim perfection in anything.

Do not lament a lack of perfection, but strive to become better...because you, whoever you are, deserve better. You deserve to treat yourself better, to look in the mirror and see not simply an aggregate of everything you can't stand...but your best friend who has been with you through all of life's triumphs and trials. There is no one who is completely worthless, no one who is completely hopeless, and no one who is beyond the healing which can be received by we who strive.

My friends: If we were lonely and found comfort in illusions, let our fellowship with each other now prove a better solution to our craving for belonging. If we were somehow lacking in confidence, let confidence be built up every day within...through exercises, encouragements, and the firm belief in becoming better. If we have, as I have, lost so much as to affirm the need to fight to overcome our problems...let it be known that we are not alone and that we are worth the effort.

2. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

appreciate ur thoughts and intelligent.

HumblePilgrim likes this.