1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

We are One, 12 month challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 12ove, Jan 9, 2021.

1. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

We are One, 12 month challenge
    Hi all,

This is a self improvement challenge that will help you to delete aspects of your personality that you do not appreciate about yourself, and add things that will help you to become the person that you have always wanted to be.

The title of this group is "We Are One, 12 month challenge" because we all originate from the same creator, and that creative energy does not want us to waste away fapping. It is time we begin to cultivate this energy within ourself, and explore the infinite ways to consciously share this universal energy with all. The challenge will run the duration of the 12 month lunar year.

This challenge was inspired by a 7th grade project that my class did in which we each picked something that we wanted to stop doing, and we had to keep a journal making an entry each day about our struggles on that journey. This is pretty similar to nofap, but here we journey for about three months (or longer depending on the severity of our addiction.)

For this challenge each month we will subtract something from our personalities or add something to them, and journal about it on our own or here (especially if we slipped up.)

My 2020 monthly adds or subtracted things for example
    1-4. April: NO PMO/ Meditation Daily / take care of healthy hi-gene
    5. May: Stretch Daily
    6. June: Hike or physical activity daily
    7. July: Write Daily
    8. August: Work on fantasy sports daily
    9. No P subs unless earned on reward schedule for drinking less
    10. Yard Work / Snow Blown
    11. Do something artistic
    12. Make Sure Presents are purchased. review previous

Make sure that you have your new month addition or subtraction posted to this forum, or decided upon by the full moon time for the upcoming month. You must complete one lunar month without fail, by doing so you will gain a pass day that can be used in the following month. If you complete an entire lunar month without using a pass day then your pass day carries over to the next month (if you choose to do easy mode you can allow these to stackup but nofap pass days can never stack..I will probably try to stack up some pass days for my physical workout goals because during a vacation I probably won't workout.)

Copy and Paste the Below into your post:
    Full Moon Date Native American Name Time of Full Moon
    January 28th Wolf Moon 2:16 PM
    February 27th Snow Moon 3:17 AM
    March 28th Worm Moon 2:48 PM
    April 26th Pink Moon 11:32 PM
    May 26th Flower Moon 7:14 AM
    June 24th Strawberry Moon 2:40 PM
    July 23rd Buck Moon 10:37 PM
    August 22nd Sturgeon Moon 8:02 AM
    September 20th Harvest Moon 7:55 PM
    October 20th Hunter’s Moon 10:57 AM
    November 19th Beaver Moon 3:57 AM
    December 18th Cold Moon 11:35 PM

Mine for 2021 filled out as example
    1. No PM until and kegels daily January 28th Wolf Moon 2:16 PM
    2. Make sure yard work completed, and do something artistic daily February 27th Snow Moon 3:17 AM
    3. Workout 4x per Week and stretch daily March 28th Worm Moon 2:48 PM
    4. Write Daily and Read daily April 26th Pink Moon 11:32 PM
    May 26th Flower Moon 7:14 AM
    June 24th Strawberry Moon 2:40 PM
    July 23rd Buck Moon 10:37 PM
    August 22nd Sturgeon Moon 8:02 AM
    September 20th Harvest Moon 7:55 PM
    October 20th Hunter’s Moon 10:57 AM
    November 19th Beaver Moon 3:57 AM
    December 18th Cold Moon 11:35 PM

I'll have to come back and fill out the rest, but as you can see last year I was unable to fully incorporate new things into my personality. I will try again on some of those, and double down on the first several months to make up for last year's slack. You all do not need to have two things, feel free to just choose one thing to work on each month.

I leave you in Love and Light and hope you have a happy journey,
    12ove

2. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

This have been going well, going to do third daily set of kegels now.

also did #2 today

Hopefully some other people want to join in the challenge if not, I wish you all well in your journeys.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  3. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Another day of no pm doing real well, and only one more set of kegels to go.

4. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Still doing well on week 1 of kegels. Have been tempted a few times over the past couple of days to check in on some P, but I know nothing has changed there and that thought is just the manifested desire of my bodies desire to be with multiple women. Luckily I am not single, I can imagine it would be tough right now with Covid.

Feel free to join up, still time to start off adding or subtracting something from your character.

5. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

3. Workout 4x per Week and stretch daily
    did these two yesterday and today. Chest and legs sore from the workout. Still have 3rd set of kegels to do tonight.

Have had one urge to check P but avoided it by doing dishes.

6. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

This has been going well. I am in week 3 now, and I have started doing longer kegels. Going to do my first set of the day now.
    Still a few days left to get in on month one of the challenge. I am excited to start taking on month 2, and hope some others will join me in this monthly accountability challenge.

7. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Well the Wolf Moon has come and will go tonight along with the first month of this challenge. No one else has decided to trod with me, but the first month has gone well. Now I need to keep it up through month two.

Month two hopefully will be full of plenty of days with snow shoveling. It would be great if the week in Feb I am taking vacation the snow stays light so that my gf doens't have to do it while I am gone..and so that she doesn't have to rent a car to get to work.

Other than dealing with the snow, I will try to learn to prune our tree...I think it is a fruit tree.

For something artistic, I am generally going to be playing the flute. I am going to be checking in more this month because it is going to be tough for me to stick to this routine. Rather than the loose goal of do something artistic, I am going to add do something artistic for at least five minutes every day...I'll be hoping to do several times more than that most days and will try to log the time I spend doing something artistic during this first month.

Hopefully more of you decide to hop on..still time to hop in on January.

8. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

no yard work needed today, played and studied flute for almost an hour

Missed second set of kegels. Doing that now to finish up #1

9. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Over the weekend I did well playing the flute, and I am getting a little bit better. I have failed the last few days...got to get back on it.
    No yard work has been needed.

Kegels are getting stronger, but I have to stay focused with 3 sets per day.

Wondering if anyone wants to join in on the second month?