1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weddings

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Yesterday I went to my sisters' wedding and in all honesty, she didn't seem happy. Hardly ever smiled, was stressed out and tired. The only thing she seemed to be happy about was that she finally was married to her husband because she loves him very much. Thinking about it, my other sister was stressed out and tired on her wedding day too. I can only think of one wedding I attended where the couple seemed happy and since I was only a guest and they may have been stressed out and tired but I didn't notice it.

So if you're married did you actually enjoy your wedding or was it nothing but stressful and tiring?

Honestly, I hate the thought of having a wedding. I hope I can meet a woman who would want to run away and not bother having a wedding. I like the idea of having a marriage but not a wedding.

onceaking, intso and diaspar like this.
  2. TrueEarl

TrueEarl Fapstronaut

A wedding made by wife and husband is very stressful because they organize all the ceremony and they want all the people to feel good that night. I remembered my wedding when I didn't eat all day because all the time appeared some problems which I had to solve. One thing I know that I was so handsome as my wife because I bought the tuxedo. I looked so good that all my unmarried friends at their wedding day bought from this brand, their suits. Ohhh, I cannot show my emotions which I had then.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
    BolysVnss likes this.
  3. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

The night will recompense all the weeding shit

BolysVnss likes this.
  4. ksafimova

ksafimova Fapstronaut

Wedding is always stressful.

BolysVnss likes this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Yeah, weddings are dumb and full of patriarchy. I don't want one myself.

BolysVnss likes this.
  6. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

My wife and I just got married the end of August, it was miserable, I would never do it again. Honestly, how miserable the wedding was ruined the honeymoon, first month of marriage and continues to weigh us down. Obviously Covid made things worse, we got $2000 jacked from us by the original venue we booked and because of Covid-19 we could not have it there and the venue owner basically told us to f-off. My wife and I fought constantly because of the growing stress of planning the wedding in our front yard while worried about keeping people safe. Then when things were looking up, the day before the wedding, my mother in law threw this massive bitch tempertantrum because the wedding was not about her and made my wife just hysterical with tears which led me to a shouting match with my mother in law. The fight bled into the wedding day, as her bitch mother continued to throw a tempertantrum, ruining things more. It was miserable. Then after the wedding, driving thr 4 hours to our honeymoon location we could only be upset about her damn mother. We never ended up having sex on our honeymoon, which I kinda resent, because of the damb stress of everything. We are still stressed because of the fallout her bitch mother and our first month marriage has just not been good. So I personally would only recommend going to the courthouse and justin signing papers, if the 2 people love each other a wedding event should not matter because if it goes wrong them it puts a black cloud over everything.

BolysVnss likes this.
  7. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

I personally loved my wedding. I had asked my husband to just run up to Tahoe and get it done, but we both knew our parents would be sad. My mother planned everything, lol, so I call it her second wedding. She did a great job! The only thing I did was pick my dress and I ordered 28 heart ice cream cakes from 31 flavors baskin Robbins. I showed up and had a blast with my family from out of town and his family from the east coast. I have no idea if anything went wrong, it wasn’t important to me. We got married at 11am and didn’t leave until 11pm. Got lost on the way to our honeymoon hotel, lol. Then everything that could go wrong on a honeymoon did. But I’ve got great stories about it!!

BolysVnss likes this.
  8. From the time I have grown old enough to take my own decisions, I have not attended even a single wedding , not even of my close relatives.
    All those unnecessary extravaganze done in weddings is extremely irritating to me.

BolysVnss and diaspar like this.
  9. Trobone

Trobone Fapstronaut

Wedding day was arguably the best day of my life - top 5 no question with the births of my daughters there as well.

Weddings can be super stressful if you let them. If you allow outside pressures and anxiety to dictate your day, it can be hard. Managing family drama, timing, food, pictures, music, seating, hotels, etc etc etc. Many times brides forget to budget time for themselves to eat.

My wife and I decided we wanted three big things - a great location, good food, live music. We found a photog we trusted, skipped expensive flowers and stuff, kept the wedding parties super small, and as long as immediate family was on time, it wasn't our problem if people were late.