1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Slipups - And How To Avoid Them.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by stonkmarketman, May 1, 2021.

1. stonkmarketman

stonkmarketman New Fapstronaut

The weekend. No, not the one that sung about how he was blinded by the lights - but, the man-made creed concerning a very specific 2 day period in which ideally one is evidently supposed to let go, kick back, relax and enjoy the many materialistic fallacies modern society has molded us to prioritize...or in fapstronaut terms - Nofap Hell.

Of the many characteristics which lead to my previous relapses, sure I was bored, maybe a tad bit undisciplined too, but here's the ONE factor they all had in common - they happened over the weekend.

So StonkMarketMan - how do I avoid these weekend relapses, what can I possibly do?
    It's difficult - agreed. You've worked your ass over the preceding week and you can't wait to put your feet up, hang your work ethic at the door and indulge in a 2 day nirvana of intractable practice(s). You could say that - but wouldn't that make you just another brick in the wall? A dispensable component of the 99%? A cog that contributes to the ever declining morals, ethics and successful practices of modern society. You bet it would - and THAT is exactly why YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO DO IT!

In short - here's a guide to not only surviving but thriving and potentially using the weekend to advance in areas (of choice) of your life ->
    1. Read the book "Atomic Habits" by James Clear. If you cannot possibly afford to buy it - read summaries online (there are plenty of them).
    2. Write down your lifetime goals - every single day upon waking up. This has been super useful to me and has enabled me to stay focused throughout the day. When you feel like giving up - READ THEM.
    3. Download the MDF (ManDontFap) app from Google's Play Store - sign up for a battle and fight your opponent through exercises in self improvement. Be the man you were meant to - this is sparta!
    4. Learn income producing skills you can carry out at the side while working full time - There are a multitude available -> web development, computer science, trading, investing, video editing, social media marketing, affiliate marketing, diet & nutrition (there's a huge industry for this one), fitness coaching - to name a few. Read through Quora posts for better / relevant ideas.
    5. Implement new habits - Explains itself
    6. Workout - Pandemic? Pair of dumbells? Look up Eugene Sandow's dumbell workout! They've helped me immensely!
    7. Repeat Consistently.
    While the above points are a few of the many that have helped me enormously on my self improvement journey there are a couple I've had to leave out due to in-availability of time while writing this thread. Feel free to add your own tips, tricks and hacks which have helped you build, maintain and scale your streaks - down in the comments for future readers to reference. Fight the battle, win the war, become the MAN you were put here to be.

Yours truly,
    The StonkMarketMan

2. thabtua

thabtua Fapstronaut

Hey!

Great point of view for spending weekend for laziness. Yes, if we do what society does then we become another brick in the wall. This is what a man who want to be outlier must not to do. We need to use what people run away from. Turning difficulties into opportunities.

Actually I'm happy that I'm not alone, meaning, the weekends and the times spent being alone in home are the most difficult times and the biggest cause of relapses for me. They are the real challenges and I know actually they bring the change. If you spend %60 of your day outside then sure there is low chance for relapsing because there would be remaining a little time for on your own. We need to face ourselves when we are alone and this is when the changes begin.

Thank you for your book suggestion too. Will look at it.

You need to write more here. I like your perception.

stonkmarketman likes this.