1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weight gain.

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by 88991s, Oct 3, 2021.

1. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I m 5 feet 9 inches (174.5 cm) tall. But I m severely underweight (54 kg) . I look like a teenager even though I’m 23 years old.

So I decided to gain 7 kg (muscle mass) within 3 months through gymming.
    Is is possible to gain that much muscle mass in three months ?

Please share any tips that will help.

silex_jedi likes this.
  2. jdf5h

jdf5h New Fapstronaut

You can easily gain 7 kg of bodyweight through bulking, but gaining 7 kilos of muscle mass in 3 months is impossible.

88991s likes this.
  3. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

Thank you @jdf5h . I’ll try bulking.
    Do you have any tips ?

4. jdf5h

jdf5h New Fapstronaut

Find your maintenance calories and eat at a slight surplus (+100-300 cals) and make sure you eat your protein. I'll recommend 2g/kg bodyweight of protein which in your case would be around 110g per day. Everything else comes down to proper weight training, rest and attitude.

88991s likes this.
  5. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

About rest , I workout almost 6 days a week with 1 day as rest day . Is 1 day rest day enough?

6. max bench

max bench New Fapstronaut

Yes, it should be, but remember that muscle is built through recovery. If you stay consistent in your routine, and eat correctly, I guarantee that you will see results.

I would love to help you track your progress, DM me if you need help

silex_jedi and 88991s like this.
  7. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

I would say just enjoy your working out, play with different workouts and manners of eating, try this, try that, go for your goal but don't be upset when you fall as we all must fall.

I must say I've been working out since age 18 and it's one of the joys of my life. 7 days a week, 6 if I'm busy, 30 pushups a day since Jan 1, 2017, weights, kettle bells, swimming, biking, fast-walking (can't run anymore, my back and feet detest it plus all I do is wish it was over.)

You are 23 - you'll be working out when you're 33, 43, 53 and beyond. People will come and go, your workouts won't. It'll be your friend and your happy place, plus the girls won't mind a bit!

Listen to these other men, and go for it, young man. Wishing you the best.

88991s likes this.
  8. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

Thank you. I know I needed rest but didn’t know how much.

I do enjoy working out , I was very athletic before pandemic hit. I used to play football(soccer ) and do track and field since I was 13 years old.
    Now because of PMO and isolation , I look like a skinny teenager with patchy beard. Lol.
    Anyways ,Thank you for you words.

9. Wow 54 sounds almost worrying. I m smaller than you but weigh around 80 to 85.

Try not to overdo the exercise, because muscles also need a lot of rest to grow. Do high intensity workouts with maybe 3-8 reps. If you reach 8 reps you can increase weight.

But I think that even regular pushups, burpees, situps, planks, pullups, dips (body weight exercise) should do the trick in your position. Stay on your goal for at least 3 months!

88991s likes this.
  10. I wouldn't suggest muscle powder because it might have lead in it. I would suggest eating real food to gain your nutrients

88991s likes this.
  11. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

Sure thing. I have rarely done high intensity , I’ll start it tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion.

I m not a big fan of muscle powder too. Eating them gives me indigestion for some reason. Yeah tons of real food is the way to go.

Update : Gained a kilo since my first post.!!
    Though my weight gain is going slower than expected. it’s still progress.