1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Lifting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by JustASimpleChristianMale, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Does anyone know if Abstaining from PMO will increase your gains in the gym, or help you achieve higher levels of physical fitness?

2. Genji

Genji Guest

There's no research as of now that can confirm this.

3. James55

James55 Fapstronaut

It will by using the weights instead of wasting time and energy with PMO.

Brynna and LEPAGE like this.
  4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I have only my own anecdotal evidence for this, but I lift regularly. I've been without an orgasm for the last 21 days (my counter was reset due to M, but I didn't O), and today I lifted harder than I've lifted in years.

Placebo effect? Maybe. Just feel better about myself? Maybe. But for the last few days I've been absolutely crushing it in the gym. I've also been hitting cardio much harder. I'm definitely feeling Beast Mode.

This is an interesting piece:

https://www.anabolicmen.com/ejaculation-testosterone/

"Even though ejaculations seemingly have no significant effects on serum testosterone levels, they can (at least according to rodent studies) alter the body’s ability to utilize testosterone. It has been seen that after multiple ejaculations a sharp decline in androgen receptors takes place inside the hypothalamus, and not only that, but a sharp increase in estrogen receptors follows as well. One rodent study also found out that 1 or 2 ejaculations in short span of time increased androgen receptor activity in the body, while 4 or more ejaculations caused a significant drop in the activity of AR, suggesting that ejaculating yourself to “sexual exhaustion” might lower your body’s ability to utilize androgens."

5. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

While I'm not sure no PMO has any real affect, I'm now convinced that the extra energy and focus I have on lifting/exercise while abstaining from PMO does have a positive effect. I did a week without PMO and could see the gains.

6. zcurtis6109

zcurtis6109 Fapstronaut

I like to hope that abstinence will help in some way.

7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I think just the brain fog lifting off of you will dramatically help your lifting.

inkmonsterandy and LEPAGE like this.
  8. 11kota

11kota Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

When ejaculating, you are releasing protein at the same time I think.

I Free I likes this.
  9. I'm on day 60 something. Ive been lifting and I have gained 10 lbs of muscle in about 2 months. Idk if that's good, but that's when I quit PMO and starting lifting 5x/week, missing some/little days bc of work however

10. you will probably have more energy after 8 or so days. then you will have more energy to lift weights ect.. therefor, you will make gains.

11. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Research seems to say this . I can believe it .

inkmonsterandy likes this.
  12. inkmonsterandy

inkmonsterandy Fapstronaut

I remember reading Chinese weightlifters were told to refrain for 2 months at a time pre comp, and post competition that can get all schmoopy. Their results don't lie. Lot of medallists out there that are still killing it since I could ever remember ( used to compete at the junior national level in high school back in the '90's.)
    I feel for myself I've been at it for almost a 2 week streak now - noticing l've been recovering pretty quickly and I feel a more intense grip strength that's been helping me big time with bench and deads.