1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Lifting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by JustASimpleChristianMale, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Do you guys find that you see increased strength/recovery when you work out without any PMO in your life?

Striker97 likes this.
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Yes I think there is some truth in that, perhaps not in recovery, but definitely in strength, I feel like I have more energy to expend.

From me, muscle recovery involves having enough rest days and eating the right foods, e.g protein and veg etc.

Bigguy4u likes this.
  3. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

I find that on days I train I am less likely to relapse, and I may have more energy when training, although it's hard to tell. Time spent training is much more productive than time spent PMO or playing video games.

4. fan_of_all_might

fan_of_all_might Fapstronaut

Yeah! The gym has been really good for me this time. When I go I always do 110% (plus ultra mother fucker). 1 extra rep. Always. When I walk out of the gym I feel so good about myself fapping really doesn't even interest me. Highly recommend.

RndyBm and Bigguy4u like this.
  5. Striker97

Striker97 Fapstronaut

It really works, I made it from 80kg to 100kg benchpress in 2 month, which I was on nofap
    And It was also interesting for me, I`ve found my old motivation
    More Energy --> More Strenth

Brooklyn Jerry 70 likes this.
  6. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

So yesterday i relapsed hard and today my workout sucked. I didn't meet last weeks bench press reps, struggled with the overhead press and was totaly exhausted when it came to an triceps cable push exercises.

It might just be a bad coincidence though...

7. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

Perhaps it was mental? I find that relapsing gets me into a bad state of mind, less confidence, stressed, negative, thinking of sex ect. This is the worse than a physical reduction in strength IMO.

8. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Maybe, but i realised what i wrote after the workout, so i don't think it was that. It might be what i ate before going to the gym.

As i said: one workout is a bad sample size ;D

9. RndyBm

RndyBm Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'm just echoing what the guys above have said. Think it might be a placebo effect but who cares. If it works it works. My routines have become way more productive since No PMO. Like a full three weeks running I have progressed on my weights up and up and feel like the Guile Street fighter music after I walk out! So epic :D

Striker97 likes this.
  10. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

A good training session can make you feel invincible, this can be a good or bad thing depending on the situation.

RndyBm likes this.
  11. Kimpossible9

Kimpossible9 Fapstronaut

Of course.
    More strength.
    More confidence and happiness.

12. RndyBm

RndyBm Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

For sure. It's very easy to get arrogant and laid back about it all. And BOOM! Before you know it. You there, sat in your room looking at a screen and fapping. So with that said. I am no one. I'm just a guy working on myself.

13. Warden

Warden Fapstronaut

Yes! I am still practicing shoulders and arms, but I've just broke my record on squat presses with a pole weighing over 70 kgs! And it's just two days. Imagine the possibilities...

RndyBm likes this.