1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by fredisthebes, Jan 14, 2019.

1. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

one of my goals for the new year (now I've finished off most of the seasonal food) is to lose weight. I have lost 25 pounds since two years ago, but have basically plateaued for the past 12 months (major reason for the weight loss was moving house, getting a new job and a change of lifestyle including walking to work instead of driving, etc). I want to lose the last 10 pounds before summer, and become fitter and more toned etc. as well.

Anyone else on a weight loss mission for 2019?

Jen@8675309 likes this.
  2. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

Same here.
    I want to lose fat especially on my abs. The fat hides my packs. Been doing planks lately.

3. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

Yes, I need to lose thirty pounds of fat, but I also want to gain muscle and feel more energetic like I used too. I can accomplish this by doing more weight lifting, jogging, proper nutrition.

Deleted Account and Asgardian36 like this.
  4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Ive read something in mark mason's blog. its sth like this....have goals of going to gym for 3 days a week from here on...not sth like loosing so and so pounds..because when you loose those pounds, you will start to loosen up and gain the weight back.

Whereas if I had a goal of working out 3 days a week no matter what...then it will get me to a habit and habits once formed are very hard to quit.

Press on likes this.
  5. WretchedBoy

WretchedBoy Fapstronaut

I set a goal of losing 44 pounds ´till end of february 2019 when I started to try NoFap in June ´18.
    Until today I lost a little more than 39 pounds and I´m pretty confident I´ll reach my goal in time.
    I recognized a great interplay between abstaining from PM and being disciplined with sports and nutrition and I will definetly keep those habits once I´ve reached my goals.

6. Shivamarya734

Shivamarya734 Fapstronaut

Eat less no exercise till 20% fat
    After that join gym twice a week and have little protein
    After that start your road to beast

7. Shivamarya734

Don't cut fatty food drastically and eat

8. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

Is it okay to eat chocolate?

9. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Everything in moderation!

I am logging my food in MFP, sticking to <2000 calories a day in addition to gentle daily exercise (yoga/walking) and occasional swimming/sports/gym. Still nursing an injured wrist so not back on the weights yet. I'm also having to monitor my fat intake due to gallstones.

Shivamarya734 likes this.
  10. Shivamarya734

Go ahead taste it but just cut the intake by 50 percent then usual

11. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

Ah thanks. I ate half bar of Cadbury yesterday. Saving the half for today haha.
    I've also been cutting the carbs. In Indonesia rice is what we eat everyday. Do you know any carb substitute besides rice that is helpful?

12. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Me too! I want to lose some weights. During university I lost some weights last year.