1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird situation

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by xXkiller42, Sep 28, 2019.

1. xXkiller42

xXkiller42 Fapstronaut

I want to get my 2 year streak back and not masturbate, but the motivation I had last time doesn't exist, me feeling bad.

Overfloweth likes this.
  2. Maybe you could take it one hour at a time. Try giving yourself small, easily attainable goals to reach each week. You might start feeling good about the things you’re able to accomplish. That would give you some motivation to keep trying.

3. I had a 380 day streak that ended last year and it took a long time to get back to anything over 30. I did on some days what SaturnsSun did: checked off an hour at a time on a card I carried around until I could get a few days going again. I am back at 35 and getting the feel of a groove again. Once I got going I also remembered that each time I get a real streak going, my thinking starts to change and I have to find different ways of dealing with desire as it comes up. Try to remember how good it felt to be free of it for as long as you were! That's quite an accomplishment no matter what. It means that something in you, a part of you, knows very well how to do this. In the meantime, don't beat yourself up too badly. Maybe a day or two. And then just start in again. Motivation is always harder at first following a relapse. But it comes back. Honestly, what helped me get this streak going right now was reaching out for an accountability partner on NoFap.com.

4. xXkiller42

xXkiller42 Fapstronaut

True, one thing is for sure is I dont feel bad anymore

FapistMonk and Deleted Account like this.
  5. xXkiller42

xXkiller42 Fapstronaut

I try to get one but not a reply