1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What about a fitness challenge?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lynx93, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Lynx93

Lynx93 Fapstronaut

Hi guys!

I was wondering, given that many of us associate getting in NoFap with discipline in the gym or any other excercise; and after reading about how to write good objectives (I read that "getting in shape" is not a good objective, vs. "running a 5k marathon" is a much better because is objective and it will get you in shape)

Anyway, i would like to get into a "challenge" or a competition about being fit, looking better, like getting a six-packs, or building more muscle. However I'm not a professional lifter and actually i have two injuries right now so i can't lift that much xD.
    What if we do something like that here in NoFap?

2. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

What injuries?

3. Lynx93

Lynx93 Fapstronaut

I have my shoulders somewhat injured. Went to the doc a week ago and told me to lift very lightly and take some antiinflammatory for 2 weeks. So i keep going to the gym but focusing on the lower train mostly, and light weights for upper train. I prefer that to keep the discipline.

4. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Ohh.. shoulders.
    I can't imagine myself lifting weights while injured :oops:

Have you considered resting for a little more little more :rolleyes: and a little more? :D

5. Lynx93

Lynx93 Fapstronaut

I din
    The thing is that i dont want to loose the discipline i got already. This couple last weeks ive been very disciplined. It also helps as a stress release, and also i already payed for the gym so don't know what else to do xD.

At least im trying to do with very light weights for upper body and its mostly lower body and abs.

What should i do? I dont want to stop and rest altogether, i will definitely relapse in evernything esle too.

6. LogicalThomas

LogicalThomas Fapstronaut

SMART criteria

I'm trying to build my exercising habits too, but I'm starting from zero. I guess you shouldn't push yourself if you are injured. If it's shoulders, keep them alone for those 2 weeks and exercise something else.

7. f1rew1re

f1rew1re Fapstronaut

Lets do it!

I workout and a fitness challenge seems like a lovely competition mate!

8. Dominus Umbra

Dominus Umbra Fapstronaut

I stared a 100 days 110-150 push-ups challenge(9/100. You can try it too, maybe getting starded with 50 daily then increasing the numer by 1 or 2.

9. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut