1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you doing to get out from your comfort zone?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by galaxim, Dec 24, 2014.

1. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

In August, I hiked/climbed my first 14,000 foot mountain. Round trip started at 2 am (night hike four hours to base), lasted more than 15 hours, and was by all accounts a hike that demanded some respect (several dangerous ledges and near vertical spots, probably 16 miles or so in total rated class 3 scramble part of the way). I'd easily rate it in my top 10 life experiences. I walked up the mountain with severe GAD and panic attacks and walked down a far more confident man. It is definitely a life experience that I will not forget. I'd say it was a pretty big step outside my comfort zone (I didn't plan to summit that day but some opportunities don't come around every day).

Several days after that I started nofap after 23 years of daily MO/PMO. As difficult as nofap has been, it is very easy in comparison to what I did in August.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    galaxim likes this.