1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your current/future PC specs?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BoiledEggplant, Apr 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

Most games I've played did not have high requirements, rather low, i actually don't care much about graphics :p cuz they're all old games like Doom 3, Final Fantasy, Dark Souls, Skyrim, F.E.A.R, Devil May Cry 4...
    i5 3rd generation. RAM 4GB DDR3. GPU 950M. 500GB HDD. Just casual old laptop.

2. Last two big games I bought and played was Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. Was perfectly satisfied how they ran and looked on 750 ti. Haven't played any new triple As since then. In fact, haven't even finished those yet. I wanted to get Ghost Recon Wildlands but I see it's running awful on 750 ti.

3. BoiledEggplant

BoiledEggplant Fapstronaut

Damn man, only problem I see with your rig is optimal 4K performance on Ultra since the GTB 1080 doesn't hit 60fps on ultra settings in many games in that resolution. Otherwise it's quite a killer for sure.

overclocked likes this.
  4. BoiledEggplant

When I made my upgrade from a Gefore 9400, 2Gb ram and an ancient dual core I thought I'd be playing all the AAA titles. I was so wrong on many levels. I played for a while then got fuckin' bored. Now I'm wishing I got a 1050, 8Gb ram or whatever, but I wanna be on the safe side if I fancy any future releases.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. BoiledEggplant

Final Fantasy all the way! FF 2 and 6 are my all time faves from the series.

6. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

how about ff9 man. i've never played since it was only playable on ps1. i don't really like ffx, ff13 and ff15, i'm waiting for ff7 remake probably gonna be released this year :p

7. BoiledEggplant

I played I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X and XII. I played FF VII Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus too. I never finished X, it just bored me and reminded of my fav JRPG Chrono Cross in some aspects. 13 is shit, and 15 I need to try at least once before I form an opinion.

8. AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    512MB Ram
    Nvidia FX 5200

9. BoiledEggplant

Hardcore

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

11. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Intel i5 7600k
    Gigabyte z270 Ultra Gaming motherboard
    Cryorig H7 heatsink
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 Superclocked
    EVGA 650W GS power supply
    Corsair Vengence 16gb ram kit
    LG Blue Ray drive
    240GB SSD
    1TB HD
    NZXT Phantom 410 case
    1080p ASUS monitor
    Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L Combo RGB keyboard

First gaming rig i ever built for myself. I learned how to build pc's back in high school when i was an intern at a computer shop, so this was fun to do. I haven't tried overclocked it yet, but i want to get some better case fans in before i did. I also wanted to get a bigger SSD and HD eventually.

12. BoiledEggplant

On a 1080p screen and a 1070 you're gonna be running everything that comes out for a decade on max graphical settings.

13. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I did want to grab a 1440p monitor, but i didn't see one in my price range. Do you know if there are any good 1440p monitors around $250-300 USD? Maybe in the future when they are cheaper i might get one or two if i decide to dual SLI my pc in the future. Then again i'm just fine with 1080p for now.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  14. BoiledEggplant

I think it's more profitable to just upgrade the GPU when newer gen ones are out instead of grabbing another 1070. In my opinion you'll be thankful you waited 2 years or so when you find out 1440p screens are way cheaper, and you have enough to get a high end GPU, prolly the 2080 or something dunno what they'll call it.

For now you have a SOLID gaming experience to keep you occupied for a very long time.

Just my 2 cents

overclocked and SilentJay313 like this.
  15. same :D :p

16. mine is 980TI HYBRID WATERCOOLED
    I5-2400 cpu
    old motherboard still good idk which one
    16 GB ram

future plans buying ryzen 1800x or just something like i7 and a good motherboard :) for sure

overclocked likes this.