1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your top rules in Life?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Becks Riviera, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Becks Riviera

Becks Riviera Fapstronaut

1. Focus on your routines. Not your aspirations.
      Freshman year of college I told myself I wanted to be a writer even though I hadn’t really written anything of substance. Purely having the goal made me feel like I was entitled to the label. It wasn’t until I wrote screenplays and articles for different websites did I realize the amount of time I had to dedicate to this craft if I wanted to be successful.
    2. Have a goal in mind for EVERYTHING you do.
      Whether it’s a job interview or talking to someone at the bar, be in touch with your desired outcome. This way you have a plan of attack and can maneuver the dynamics of the conversation in a way that maximizes your chances of success.
    3. Don’t take every opportunity to be selfish.
      There are times in life when it seems like we’re getting an offer that’s too good to be true. It feels that way because we’re overlooking the true cost of that golden opportunity which is how it’ll affect the people around us. As so eloquently put by @WilliamBeteet aka The Lazy Philosopher: “If you’re trying to shine, you gotta help your friends shine too.”
    4. Master the skill of expectation management
      Don’t get too caught up in the moment whenever hearing superb or terrible news. Remember that you’ll always revert back to your baseline level of happiness so that promotion at work won’t fix all your problems. And your girlfriend breaking up with you doesn’t mean you’ll fall into a pit of despair.
    5. Don’t cry over spilled milk
      Whenever disaster strikes or accident happens, we only waste time playing the blame game. The smartest way to deal with unfortunate situations is immediately work on the steps for a solution. That way you get distracted from the tragedy itself and instantly build momentum towards fixing the issue.
    6. Exercise every day
      Health is wealth people. One hour of exercise in the morning will boost your morale and actually give you more energy for the day.
    7. Go at your own pace.
      Social media gives us the opportunity to compare ourselves to a massive sea of people. Don’t freak out if one of your friends lands their dream job right out of college or gets married at a young age. Stay on your own timeline or else you’ll be shortcutting the process and it’ll take even longer to break through.

2. Very useful ..

Becks Riviera likes this.
  3. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

My #1 rule is to not talk about the quote that talks about how you can't talk about Fight Club.

4. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Awesome ! I don't use social media since I feel it's somewhat of a waste of life BUT I appreciate these tips, Very much so .

Becks Riviera and jesusmysaviour like this.
  5. Same.

Becks Riviera and jesusmysaviour like this.
  6. You just broke your rule

Calculas and Becks Riviera like this.
  7. sknnyjns

sknnyjns Fapstronaut

#1 just living life and trying to experience as much of everything that life has to offer.

#2 be open minded and never stop learning. And try to educate others if they are open to it.

#3 be positive and try to spread positivity.

8. Rule #1) keep your pecker out of crazy people

9. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

1) Live healthily
    2) Don't PMO
    3) read inspiring stories
    4) write inspiring stories
    5) Live, don't exist
    6) dedicate time to the things I love

10. Templarius

Templarius Fapstronaut

Gandhi said:

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do, are in harmony"

I find this a great goal.