1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What can I do to make sure I can go to the gym more consistently?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by himmelstoss, Oct 28, 2015.

1. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

In my case the gym is an MMA dojo that's only open at certain times, mainly for classes. Before I got a job I was going 4 days a week pretty consistently. However, now there always seems to be a medical problem or a dental problem (this time I need a root canal and 2 crowns, none of which are covered by insurance, and I have to camp out at the dentist's office for a walk in or schedule 6 weeks in advance) or I have to work that evening. Plus I get the feeling borrowing the car is going to get more difficult and I certainly can't afford to buy one of my own. So far I've had 3 evenings this week I could have gone to train and I had to miss all of them either due to the pain in my tooth or the painkillers making me unable to drive.

I didn't say anything at work before because they had been pretty consistently giving me convenient times on weekends (MMA classes are in the morning on weekends and the evening on weekdays.) plus I always have tuesday and thursday off (although I have a college course on thursday.) But now I'll probably have to ask them to try to give me the shifts I want so that I can go train. This could be difficult because they need people who are available all day, if not every day (but usually for only 4 hour shifts.)

No matter what happens it's probably going to take 10 years for me to get good at MMA but I still feel like I'm on a hamster wheel when I can't train consistently. Any other martial arts fapstronauts have a solution?

2. Tough stuff man.

Damn tooth problems and painkillers, don't underestimate the damaging effects wow.

Fix the teeth issues, suffer through it, training mma sounds rough with all that going on man I train kung fu but also softer internal arts like taiji chuan and qi gong, I would definitely ramp up my meditation and internal energy cultivation practice during a rough patch like what you seem to be going through and ease up on the hard external training.

Not sure what advice to give someone into mma tbh, find a way to train consistently, move through this painful time, go easy on the pain drugs.

I also don't drive currently, I cycle. Love it.

3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

I think you can still get a DUI on a bicycle. Plus I'd have to ride a bike at night on the way back home, when I'm already exhausted enough to try to open a door the wrong way. No bueno.