1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What caused this surprising sudden change in me?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Apache_Helicopter, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Apache_Helicopter

Apache_Helicopter New Fapstronaut

This is me 20yo old boy, who have been masturbating from around 8-9 years, during this period of time I masturbated like thausands time may be, & of course it affected me socially, emotionally & academically, I tried to stop this habit,took nofap challenge but I relapsed every time so I gave in always but few days ago I realised I went 2-3 days without masturbating so I thought it cud be a good start as these 2 - 3 days motivated me to hit the next milestone of 7 days then 14days then 30days, so I decided to take the nofap challenge,but as I heard from many addictors frist week is always hard, but I didn't feel so, its my 5th day and during this no sexual thoughts crossed my mind at all, & I felt I also stopped sexually objectifying girls like before & that's not so long ago,it's just 5 days ago you know, & I didn't arouse even when I accidentally watched some adult scenes, but before I wud get instant horny even when I would look at girls ass & chest in public & then sexual thoughts about it would cross my mind all day & then I would have to masturbate to calm & clear my mind ! But now I'm not feeling anything , no sexual thoughts in mind, watching girls as a human being only! I always hated, disgusted myself being like that but now I'm feeling much motivated & I feel like I can go on without masturbating endlessly if I want...! So what happened with me? How you guys see it? This is really surprising for me.

2. Hi Apache Helicopter, it sounds like the rebooting process seems to be working. It's great that you are no longer objectifying women. They are people not sex objects and as the influence of PMO on you reduces you are starting to see that.

Regarding the complete lack of urges, you may be in a little bit of a "flatline" as some people on here call. It's nothing to be worried about just a period of low sexual desire. Be prepared that your urges will likely come back so not to let your guard down regarding PMO!

You are doing well with your journey so far, good luck continuing forward!

Apache_Helicopter likes this.
  3. Apache_Helicopter

Apache_Helicopter New Fapstronaut

James TheSquirrel hello, yeah I also heard about this stage "flatline" & I also believe there is nothing wrong with it , actually it will help keep me going & meet my goals, so I believe that would be good for me as Long as it remains so that I don't get distracted by sexual urges & finally end up relapsing! Actually I'm done of this habit & sexual urges & even if these gone permanently I wouldn't regret lol! Just want to focus on career now!

JamesTheSquirrel likes this.