1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Defines "Top 10%" in the Market?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Rev2.0, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Someone posted online recently that if a man is 14% bodyfat or lower and makes $100,000 a year or more, he can consider himself in the top 10% of men when it comes to being attractive to women. My personal opinion is that with women's expectations today it's more like 8% and $250k -- and that there is a LOT more that goes into a man's "market value" than that -- but would be interested in hearing from both men and women on that.

2. Starseeker

Starseeker Fapstronaut

Top 10% of men in 'Murica. Keep in mind a lot of people (myself included) ain't American although yeah western culture is permeating everything including the extremely picky women thing.

After checking USA statistics, it would seem that the top 10% of men do earn 100k or over - but keep in mind that number includes people from 0 - 45+ years of experience so it's not very accurate when gauging say...a 16 year old working part-time on where he stands compared to his agemates.

Basically what i'm trying to say is that there's probably multiple markets and the requirements for each differ. If you're in infamous areas like California or Miami looking for a sugar baby then yeah that market probably requires 8% body fat and $250k to be considered top tier ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- As an aside, power and influence can replace money and looks in most cases. It personally happened to me when I was a temp teacher for some female university programming initiative a few years back. To this day the majority of girls i almost ended up long term dating originated from back then. Rockstars, Politicians and weirdly enough Gangsters are an even better example of this.

becomingreat and Rev2.0 like this.
  3. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Correct, in America. That was definitely the perspective of the poster I read. Having not traveled outside the U.S extensively and especially in the past 3 years, I can't speak to how value is measured elsewhere.

4. Starseeker

Starseeker Fapstronaut

Understandable. There is a guy called Kevin Samuels(?) who does live streams talking about american (especially black) relationship dynamics and i remember in that different states had different financial standards he'd state if you wanted to be a "high value man". Also, i'm pretty sure in some parts rural Texas the 8% body fat and $250k doesn't seem as attractive if you can't even ride a horse get exhausted from a little fieldwork.

5. im_done

im_done Fapstronaut

It's simple: Henry Cavill