1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Diet Is The Most Beneficial For Me Being A Boxer & Trying To Improve My Spirituality?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by savionsweeney, Aug 15, 2020.

1. savionsweeney

savionsweeney New Fapstronaut

I thought about becoming a vegan for spiritual reasons but I'm worried that if I lose a lot of weight it'll affect my boxing performance because I want to keep on the weight I have now. I thought about committing to a keto diet for boxing reasons but I'm worried that it'll affect my spiritual vibration because eating meat can hinder your spiritual progress (not saying if you eat meat you can't reach enlightenment). I'm stuck on what diet to commit to for the rest of life so I'm here for y'all opinions on what diet would be ideal for my body and spirituality.

Also before you answer, please let your answer be unbiased than based on ego or hatred towards other diets because I'll just ignore it and move on to other answers because it's no need for that. Every diet has pros and cons in it so saying your diet is perfect isn't the case because as humans our bodies are complex and different from each other, so it might be "perfect" for you but that doesn't mean it'll be perfect for the person beside you.

Toni7 likes this.
  2. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

Our bodies are designed all the same. There is such a thing as a species specific diet. I would recommend low fat high carb plant based for boxing. You will not last for a second boxing on keto.. I challenge you to do so. Low fat keeps the blood thin, allowing greater oxygen flow hence better endurance. High carb keeps the muscles, brain and liver full of glycogen needed for performance. Lots of fresh uncooked fruits and veg for the hydration factor. This is the healthiest and most spiritually inclined diet u can eat.

Solidstate75 likes this.
  3. yupThat'sMe

yupThat'sMe Fapstronaut

lol I am confused with your statement and your username haha :)

@savionsweeney From my point of view, if you want to try Keto just try it for a month and see how you feel. (apperently you will loose some "water weight" in the beginning) I am currently so confused with all those different diets, as everybody claims that theirs is the best. If you watch youtube videos you will find one video for each diet that will promise you "superpowers" - thanks to their diet.

Disclaimer: Even though I think I gave you the best advice possible, I think about going on a keto diet aswell and haven't started - even though the best way would be to just try it for 30 days or so

4. I'm vegan and when I was powerlifting I used to eat about 4000 calories a day on a plant based diet. Now I don't lift but I practice two martial arts (judo and capoeira) and bodyweight training. Still making gains. You won't starve, you just have to eat a lot more and a lot more often, and do thorough research on what your daily needs are.

Here is the link I use when I want to plan a diet. There are many hours worth of reading here, but it has the basic information if you just want to try it out:
    https://veganhealth.org/