1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do yall do to Combat the urges

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by GrandmasterElectrican, Sep 26, 2018.

1. GrandmasterElectrican

GrandmasterElectrican Fapstronaut

Hi yall, Im just curious how do other people deal woth urges when they come up. I already know about cold showers and they do help but im interested to know what others have tried that they find helpful

2. Adamantem

Adamantem Fapstronaut

Well, I found that if you have truly disconnected with PM on a spiritual level, the only thing that I needed to do was keep myself busy. For example,I can distract myself with anything now: work, math, video games, loathing over my self-existence (just kidding). But honestly,I found that keeping yourself busy helps to stave off urges.
    When they manage to break through, normally I remind myself, "Are you sure you want to do this?" and normally that chases then away. However, as they get stronger and fog my brain to where I can't think of anything else but that urge, I either read my Bible to stave them away or I use the Panic Button. In other words, I use an outside source since my brain failed me. In your case, if they get so strong to where you feel like giving in, read something that either convicts your soul of your sin or reminds you why you wanted to beat PMO in the first place. That's why it is important to write down on paper what triggers you and why you want to beat your addiction.
    Finally (if you can), figure out what can possibly nip those urges in the bud in the first place. In my case, I used P because of the lack of a partner. So, I resolved to myself that, although I couldn't find one yet, I would beat my addiction in order to increase my chances of finding someone. So, figure why you use P in the first place. Maybe it's boredom, loneliness, or simply curiosity. Just search within yourself and you will find the answer.
    Hope that this helps.

GrandmasterElectrican likes this.
  3. Shut down all sexual thoughts the second they come into my mind. That's the main thing that works, when I am doing well and being diligent with it. Unless I'm about to have sex, those kinds of thoughts will only cause unnecessary temptation.