1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about love [Active thread]

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Souhail, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Souhail

Souhail Fapstronaut

First of all I'm talking about romantic love, between a couple not a family or parental kind of love.

Everyone has a different perspective about Love some people think it does exist and you have to look for it and try different relationships, others think that love comes with time, the more time you spend with your partner the mkre your love will grow.
    Personally I still believe that god created for everyone of us a soulmate that we will meet in our lives but it depends on us whether we take action or not.
    What do you think guys, I'm very interested to know

Protagonist likes this.
  2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I do not believe in God or destiny but I think there are many individuals compatible with and therefore, people you can grow to love. I met one and she was wonderful, I hope I manage to meet someone else one day.

3. Love for me is something temporary.

4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

What society considers today to be love is better known as lust. Lust is an obsession for another person (or even an inanimate object), with fantasies of being the only one, the forever and ever, happiness ever after.

It was accidentally promoted in Wolfgang Goethe's "The Sorrows of Young Werther". Goethe's desire with the novel was to show how pitiful and rather stupid young Werther (sort of Goethe himself) really is when "falling in love". However, society at that stage took a compassionate view of Werther, against the message Goethe wanted to transmit. Since then, more or less, lust is identified with love in our society. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sorrows_of_Young_Werther

Lust is short lived. Even the most intense lust will subside after a couple of years, once the two persons get to see what the other really is like. Lust doesn't leave space for thinking clearly, it inhibits clear thinking. Many kids these days have been the result of lust followed by the almighty "oh fuck, I don't really love this person, but I'm too scared to leave them" (yours sincerely included).

Lust does leave the impression that there's only one for us in this world, but that's just plain insane. What if my true other half is living in northern Siberia? Well, sorry, but I'm not really interested in travelling there, too cold for me, thank you. Or what if my other half is in some remote tribe in the Amazonian forest, which we should never make contact with so that we don't ruin their culture?

A more correct view of the subject of love is the classical view. In short, life's freakin hard and we better get along together. It is based on mutual respect, mutual understanding and a wish for the development of the both persons. I also abide to this idea, love grows on you as you start to discover the other person, as you find yourself within them and as you feel a sense of being understood by the other person. I'd subscribe to the idea that the one you love is your best friend with the added love making (please note that making love doesn't mean just sticking something somewhere).

Here's some additional information: https://www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife/two-world-views-romantic-and-classical/

rafael33 likes this.
  5. rafael33

rafael33 Fapstronaut

Forget it. That's not love. That's lust and/or emotions.
    True love is inside, not outside.

6. Souhail

Souhail Fapstronaut

It is not lust I can spend years with her without thinking about sex or looking at her as a body, I just enjoy talking and looking at her eyes it is pure emotions

Protagonist likes this.
  7. MuzzyTheArab

MuzzyTheArab Fapstronaut

For girls sex is a very emotional thing. Not physical, not is the essence of Love when it comes to sex. God intended on sex to be a beautiful thing for procreation and a man and woman to become one flesh. I agree with you that it is present, but the Devil likes to corrupt what God has given us and he turns love into lust.

theshifter likes this.
  8. I can't imagine a woman ever feeling anything like romantic love for me.
    Sounds sad, but that's exactly how I feel.