1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does it mean to live for Christ?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

Real question, i always thought of it as, changing from old sinful nature to a new life with a relationship with God but is there anything else? What else may I be missing that leads me to relapsing again and again? help! thanks

2. Great question! To live for Christ means that he lives within us; thus, to be alive in him we must die to self. That is why we are called "disciples" -- our lives are to be marked by "discipline," i.e., a state of being ready to do what must be done when it needs to be done.

In order to live for him alone and die to self in increasing measure, we must trust him completely. This trust grows as we spend time with him, get to know him, and see his unfailing faithfulness again and again in our lives. Once we trust him, we will lean on his strength and his wisdom more and more, surrendering ourselves to him more completely all the time.

Trust takes time, but that's okay. He is patient and good. It took me over 25 years of wallowing in PMO before I trusted him enough to give him control of my sexual thinking and desires. Doing so has truly transformed my life. The same will be true for you, too, I am sure -- and it doesn't have to take 25 years! :) But, even if it does, he will wait. Still, press into him urgently today! Better is one day with him than a thousand apart from him.

LonelyStrength likes this.
  3. LonelyStrength

thank you very much Tao, I keep think in actions to please God but I keep forget the faith part, which makes me think of my relationship as a check list that I have to do to satisfy God

4. It's just like any other relationship in that regard -- it's not a chore or a checklist. It's really just like spending time with a good friend.

Have you ever seen this? It can be a helpful tool to help you understand better the way(s) you most naturally and enjoyably connect with God. Maybe it will be of help to you.

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/2988a589/files/uploaded/sacred-pathways.pdf

May God bless you as you pursue the Son!

5. LonelyStrength

thank you very much Tao

Tao Jones likes this.